The Mitchell Group in seeking a team leader (TL), who will be responsible for overall management of an evaluation in Nigeria relating to monitoring and evaluation, statistical data analysis, understanding of MNCH/RH/FP service delivery, health systems strengthening with expertise in human resources and logistics management. This includes coordinating and packaging the deliverables in consultation with the other team members. The TL will develop tools for the evaluation and share them with USAID/Nigeria. The TL will develop the outline for the draft report, present the report after incorporating USAID Nigeria staff comments if necessary, submit the final report to USAID/Nigeria within the prescribed timeline.
Skills/experience: The TL should have the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in health, political science, international relations, social sciences or related field;
- At least 7-10 years working experience in the field of health, HR, MNCH/RH/FP
- A good understanding of USAID project administration;
- Program planning. Implementation, evaluation and design experience and;
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
The TL will have the following responsibilities:
- Finalize and negotiate with USAID for the team work plan for the assignment
- Establish roles, responsibilities, and tasks for each member
- Ensure the logistic arrangements in the field are complete
- Facilitate and set the agenda for Team Planning Meeting (TPM)
- Take the lead on preparing , coordinating team member input, submitting, revising and finalizing the assignment report
- Mange the process of report writing
- Manage team coordination meetings in the field
- Coordinate the workflow and tasks and ensure that the team members are working to schedule
- Ensure the field logistics are arranged (e.g. administrative and clerical support are provided, ensure payment is made for services such as car/driver hire or other travel and transport arranged, etc)
- Handle conflict within the team
- Serve as the primary contact with USAID/Nigeria and serve as spokesperson for the group, as required
- Debrief USAID/Nigeria as the evaluation progresses, and organize a final debriefing
- Serve as primary interface with USAID/Nigeria in submission of draft and final reports/deliverables to USAID/Nigeria.
- Make decisions in conjunction with USAID/Nigeria about the safety and security of the team in consultation with the USAID/Nigeria.
- Assume technical direction lead in order to ensure quality and appropriateness of assignment and report content.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents as MS Word files via e-mail to email@example.com . In the subject line, please indicate “Team Leader - Nigeria”. CV’s/resumes will be reviewed as they are received. Early application is encouraged. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Completed and signed USAID form No. AID 1420-17
- Brief cover letter that includes a one paragraph summary of your key qualifications
- Current CV/résumé with references.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale