Siemens AG (German pronunciation: [ˈziːmɛns]) is a German multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Berlin and Munich. It is the largest engineering company in Europe. The principal divisions of the company are Industry, Energy, Healthcare, and Infrastructure & Cities, which represent the main activities of the company. The company is a prominent maker of medical diagnostics equipment and its medical health-care division, which generates about 12 percent of the company's total sales, is its second-most profitable unit, after the industrial automation division.
Siemens and its subsidiaries employ approximately 380,000 people across nearly 190 countries and reported global revenue of around €76 billion in 2013.
Support the Business Unit Energy Solutions to develop business with Power Plant Developers and Independent Power Producers (IPP) in the region. The role focuses on Sales & Marketing activities starting from pre-acquisition, project development, sales strategy, bid preparation, negotiations follow up and execution. The candidate will proactively pursue business opportunities within Energy Solution portfolio and applications, mainly Gas Turbine power plant solutions in both open cycle and combined cycle configurations.
Scope of Work
- Establish, maintain and improve on customer relationship and ensure ready availability of market intelligence through effective customer intelligence and communication.
- Prepares customer contacts, analyzes specific market conditions, and builds a sound market related network of stakeholders
- Executes sales targets and activities in order to increase sales with all potential customers, and to achieve defined commercial targets
- Supports in the preparation of quotations/tenders, ensure information supplied is accurate, within deadline taking both technical and commercial requirements into account.
- Works closely with Head Quarters for preparation of professional proposals, to deliver market activity and competitor information and provide input regarding commercial terms and conditions.
- Make use of technical experience and commercial experience in dealing with engineering offices to contribute to complex sales negotiations.
- Act as a key point of contact to customers, ensure that their queries are dealt with in a professional and timely manner and provide technical advice where applicable.
- Gather, distribute and maintain market and customer information in Siemens Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool for forecasts and planning
- Perform long range strategic planning analysis of market opportunities, prepare summaries and present to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze market, evaluate and identify opportunities for new or existing Siemens power plant solutions, sales channels or customer target groups
- University Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Process Engineering, or equivalent required with minimum 5 years post NYSC experience.
- Masters degree in a related field is an added advantage
- Professional experience in the Power Generation / Power Sector field or related industry required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Position is based in Siemens office in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Mobility and flexibility for business travel within Nigeria and overseas.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale