Efiko is an interactive social testing and learning platform that helps learners improve academically through self-assessment quizzes in a fun environment.
The short tutorials and quizzes, based on the Nigerian national academic curriculum at the secondary level, are designed to stimulate and personalize the learning experience outside of school.
Efiko is seeking a mobile application developer to fill a permanent role. The mobile developer will design, develop, test, document, deploy, support and sustain their J2Me mobile app.
• Acting as lead J2Me developer.
• Work closely with other engineers leading the development of other platforms (Web, Central API & Android)
• Work closely with the the other engineers mobile app engineers leading the other platform development
• Deliver across the entire app life cycle– concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores, and support
• Collaborate with internal and external teams – Product Managers, Engineers and Designers to conceptualize, build, test, and realize new features
• Standardize and enforce coding standards and best practices, including optimizing the apps for performance
• Work with web engineering teams to create and maintain data sources and API’s to support the apps
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
• Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies
• Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Experience with mobile computing and mobile platform development for J2ME devices. Knowledge of the android platform will be an advantage.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies to ever-changing problems
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Fundamental knowledge of Software Engineering including requirements definition, analysis, design and test
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proof of previous software development work on a J2Me device (a portfolio).
• Team player with good communication skills.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send CV & links to apps they’ve worked on to email@example.com