Equal Access Nigeria (EA) is an international not for profit organization, headquartered in San Francisco and working throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, EA manage the production for AREWA24, the first free-to-air, Hausa language entertainment and lifestyle satellite television channel produced by and for northern Nigerians and devoted entirely to the Hausa speaking peoples of Nigeria, West Africa and around the world.
Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that foster peace building and social cohesion, women & girls' empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health, as well as civic participation and good governance in the developing world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of TV Production Editor
Job ID: #980636
- Editor is responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcasting.
- The material will consist of camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and the editor's skill can determine the quality and delivery of the final product.
- The editor will be part of a team and will usually work closely with the director to achieve the desired end result.
- The editor is expected to demonstrate creative freedom in performing work using digital technology; he/she should also be able to use computer software to perform high-quality digitization of sound and pictures.
Specific duties include:
- Receiving a brief, and an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay;
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred in storage device In preparation for inputting into the computer;
- Digitally put together the sequence of film and deciding what is usable;
- Reordering and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Consulting with the director and producer throughout the post-production process;
- Selecting the most effective shot of a scene in terms of drama, story relevance or continuity
- Assembling the programme and outputting in the correct format for transmission
- Overseeing the technical quality of the material provided by the production teams to ensure that the picture and sound quality are up to transmission standard
- Undertaking the colour grading to match the picture quality of the shots
- Undertaking the final sound mix to ensure that the sound is balanced
- Adding graphics/titles and visual effects as required by the programme
- Maintaining an archive/library of all materials edited in an easily accessible manner
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Qualities
- Education (OND, HND, B.Sc., recognised technical certifications) in Media and Communication or related field
- Essential knowledge of FCPX (Final cut pro X)
- Good practical skills and knowledge of digital equipment/computer
- The ability to carry out instructions accurately and with attention to detail
- Calmness under pressure
- Patience and concentration
- 3-5 years work experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application /cover letter, updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be clearly stated on the application.
Note: We may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.