Plan - Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan's stated Global Strategic Goal (2011-15) is to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised, with high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits. Plan aims to achieve this goal by working in partnership with others and through high performing teams whose behaviours reflect the corporate values. Plan has a global income of around $800m.
Plan USA took ownership of the Centre for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA) in November 2012. As part of this it also acquired an operating entity in Nigeria (CEDPA Nigeria). This entity is now being transitioned to Plan International Inc., which will lead to the establishment of Plan International Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
To whom does the job holder report to: Country Director
Level of Child Protection Risk: Medium
- Plan International Nigeria ("Plan Nigeria"), as a branch of Plan International Inc., is seeking the services of a tax expert to review the existing tax practices operated within the organization and provide the organization with comprehensive tax requirements as per the legal expectations in our area of operation in the country office.
Core Roles and Responsibility
- Review existing tax practices.
- Recommend appropriate tax schedules and implementation processes.
- Note and recommend other tax areas that need attention.
- Present a tax reference document for the organization's use.
- Advise the Organization with its tax planning for the benefit of both employer and employee.
- Advice on a clear process flow and other statutory requirement on severance payment.
Key Results & Criteria for Success:
- The consultant will be provided with existing policies and tax schedules for review and advice. See appendix 1 for the list of areas for consideration.
- Human resources- salary and salary related, severance payments, etc.
- Administration: contracting, purchase of goods and services.
- Expatriate related taxation.
- Any other areas of taxation that is required by an international NGO operating in Nigeria.
Primary Linkages for this Post:
- Provides the Country Finance Manager with tax advice and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Chartered Tax Expert and/or Chartered Accountant.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in working with lNGOs and NGOs in Nigeria
- Experience in having done similar tax services for other Organizations, especially INGOs.
- Strong working relationship with the Tax Authorities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.