Fresh Career Opportunities at Box & Cedar
Posted on: 11 May, 2015
Deadline: 30 May, 2015
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Box and Cedar
Box & Cedar is an HR Consulting Firm. We believe in the power of people and exploiting it to the maximum because we know that people are the greatest assets of any organisation.
We have distilled our products into what we call the 3S- Sourcing, Sieving and Stimulating.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Authorize access to project accounts.
- Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts.
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project.
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project.
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project.
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
- Report on project profitability to management.
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings.
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
- Create or approve all project-related billings to clients.
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to clients.
- Respond to requests for more detail from clients.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- Educational level: B.Sc/HND in Accounts / Finance /Business related field.
- MBA/Masters in finance or related field are added advantage.
- Other certifications: Professional qualification e.g. CAPM, PMP, ICAN; ACCA etc. are added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience. (With not less than 5years in Oil and Gas sector).
- Must have proficiency in computer applications especially in accounting packages software (e.g. Peach tree, Pastel, Search).
- Must be knowledgeable in Project accounting for Oil and Gas sector (very key).
- Must display initiative, teamwork and analytic thinking and at home with details
- Ability to perform cost analysis and be organized for maximum efficiency.
- Ability to come up with thorough capital and budgetary outlay showing profitability margin.
go to method of application »
Analyzes financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data; recommending actions.
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- CFA 11 or 111 certified
- University Degree.
- Minimum 6 years experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have worked in a financial, Economics or finance background is important
- Good business writing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Financial modeling proficiency
go to method of application »
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Coordinate preparation of papers, write-ups and execution of research/consulting activities Oversight responsibility of daily operations of economic research and publications team
- Actively source and build new client base and increase revenue base
- Manage growth of the company by increasing revenues and client base
- Manage all strategy initiatives regarding research and publication activity
- Provide advice and consultation on economic relationships to businesses, public and private agencies, and other client types
- Study the socioeconomic impacts of new public policies, such as proposed legislation, taxes, reforms and regulations
- Responsible for projects and spearhead business development initiatives
- Evaluate financial market and economic and socio-political trends and developments
- Review valuations and analysis of research output
- Conduct in-depth data analysis and research using facts and figures in accordance with clients and business needs and come up with valuable inputs
- Ascertain recommendations to business units and company based on data analysis and facts are accurate
- Present to Management or clients when required
- Responsible for sector reports on market trends and analysis and give recommendations on topics for inclusion in publications or presentations
- Build quality and predictive models to be used for financial analysis
- Responsible for overall reports for different sectors / company on economic trends and analysis
- Responsible for publication and presentation outline, content and accuracy
- Responsible for interface with Editors and Editorial team members
- Oversee planning of marketing activities
- Develop new and effective techniques for economic research reporting and analysis, thereby rendering better service to clients
- Track the latest trends and techniques in the field of economic research and publications
- Manage client relationships
- Responsible for all proofreading of reports for company publications and presentations
- Manage process for sourcing and building of new client base and increasing of revenue base
- Assist in development of junior colleagues by acting as a coach and teacher to ensure they progress in their career
- Participate actively in brainstorming and creating solutions to identified problems so as to promptly achieve team's objectives
- Responsible for maintaining professional conduct at all times and adhering to all company's and regulator's policies, processes and directives
- Build on client relationships by periodically keeping in contact and maintaining existing client base
- Responsible for self development using the company and other resources to acquire knowledge for developing relevant job skills and competencies
- Responsible for dissipating knowledge to developing internal skills and competencies and training other members of the team through formal and informal channels
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Managerial experience recommended
- Experience in research analysis
Knowledge & Skills:
- Undergraduate degree,
- Masters degree is an added advantage.
- Either degree in Economics or related field
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Box and CedarSimilar Jobs
- Admin/Executive Assistant at HYT Consulting
- Job Vacancies at Hartford Green Consulting Limited (HGC)
- Fresh Job Vacancies at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Information Technology Role at Design Consulting
- Accounts/Admin Officer at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Fresh Job Opportunities at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Latest Vacancies at IMS One World
- Accountant at PeoplePrime