Medical Job Position at Jagal Group
Posted on: 11 May, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
Jagal Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil&Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
- To provide a comprehensive medical consultation and provide medical treatment in accordance with best practice.
- To provide a timely and quality service to patients.
- To be available during shift roster for medical emergencies and provide medical care as required.
- To manage in-patient cases and provide timely reports to HR or managers as appropriate.
- To manage HSE related cases as appropriate and inform HSE Staff of any First Aid / Medical Treatment cases.
- To provide stewardship, mentoring and consultancy advice and guidance to patients.
- To undertake any other tasks as directed by the CMO or Practice Manager.
Key aims and objectives:
- Must be Registered with the appropriate Nigerian Health Regulation Authorities (Current).
- Must have a Sound understanding of and commitment to the principles general practice, community-based primary health care, and to the principles of occupational health.
- Must have the ability to assess critically ill patients, to formulate an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan and to commence its implementation.
- Sensitivity to and respect for cultural, ethnic and religious diversity of our patients.
- Ability to work to deadlines and flexibility to meet variable/high work demands.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- The candidate will provide medical consultations / pre-employment medical exams and occupational health checks when required.
- The candidate will provide unbiased medical advice on patients and their abilities for work related tasks and advise fully if there are medical reasons not to employ a person.
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with legible handwriting (or printing).
- The candidate will be expected to use IT and a medical records system and use of windows based platforms.
- The candidate will be expected to work unsocial hours as per a roster.
- The candidate must be free from health or disability issues, as the role will include periodic onsite visits.
- As defined by the Practice Manager or Chief Medical Officer
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Human Resources Team
- Administration Department
- Senior Management of Nigerdock
- Prime Services
- Key External Interfaces:
- Local National Hospitals
- Dental Clinics
- Laboratory Services
- At least 3 years of work experience in a hospital or clinic.
- Registered with the Nigerian Medical / Dental Council.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Demonstrated capability to function well in multicultural situations involving suppliers and internal customers.
- Good IT knowledge and ability to use computers.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry would be an advantage.
- Vocational registration in GP medicine / tropical medicine or Occupational medicine.
- Previous experience in GP medicine, community health and/or Occupational medicine.
- Wide knowledge of health-related issues for both Expat and Local work force.
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant specialist areas.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Job Opportunity at WTS Energy
- Engineering Vacancy at JAGAL Group
- Latest Job Opportunities at AOS Orwell
- Finance Role in the Oil and Gas Industry - Adexen
- Job Vacancy at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Sales Job Vacancy in the Oil and Gas Industry - Michael Page
- Job Openings at Tsachal Limited