Latest Job at The African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
Posted on: 11 May, 2015
Deadline: 1 June, 2015
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at African Development Bank - AfDB
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
- Identifying the source of all credits received in the accounts.
- Ensuring that all debits are identified as authorized payments initiated by the bank.
- Reconciling all entries in the assigned current accounts and posting entries for loan repayment and call transactions.
- Maintaining the Bank Group’s cash book for assigned account(s) in order to ensure accuracy of balances.
- Ensuring that surplus funds are invested and in case of pending obligations, funds are requested from maturing investments.
- Ensuring that balances are maintained at a minimum to enhance the income generating capacity of the Bank’s funds.
- Monitoring correspondent banks operations to reduce the incidence of delays and errors and also to ensure that terms and conditions applicable to the accounts are respected.
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, FTRY.2, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Process the opening of current accounts upon the approval of Treasurer and Identify accounts that are dormant and make recommendations to supervisor on the closure of the accounts
- Manage and reconcile bank Accounts
- Monitor the Summit Cash flow for the Bank Group portfolios
- Sorting out, classifying and filing of 50 plus bank accounts statements, confirmations and advises received by mail and facsimile from correspondent banks.
- Prepare monthly activity report of all transactions processed in the section e.g. total transactions recorded, transfers to replenish accounts, tracer messages sent, and available liquidity sent for investment
- Send Swift copies of credit advices by e-mail to departments and divisions concerned upon receipt of funds in respect of their portfolios.
- Reconcile all payments made with the Bank’s corporate card during missions with the Financial Control Department (FFCO).
- Provide bank details to staff for reimbursement of loans, mission advances or others. Monitor the inflow of these funds to ensure that necessary accounting entries are posted upon receipt.
- Maintain and update the Master list of all accounts held by the Bank Group including details of bank name, address, account number, GL number, and contact person. Ensure that this list is updated whenever accounts are closed or opened.
- Prepare yearly report of opened and closed accounts for use by Treasury (FTRY) management and External Auditors.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Bachelor degree or equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Banking or related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant professional experience.
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Thorough familiarity with the full range of the Bank’s financial products and procedures.
- High level skills in communication and documentation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language. Excellent customer service.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and the ability to use SUMMIT, SAP and GTMatch.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about African Development Bank - AfDBSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Internal Control Officers at ARM Life Plc
- Latest Recruitment at The World Bank
- Senior System Administrator at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Latest Recruitment at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Fresh Job Recruitment at The World Bank
- Graduate Relationship Officers at a Non-Bank Financial Institution
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program 2018 - African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Recruitment for Team Lead, Compensation & Benefits