Women, Children's Health & Community Development (WOCHAD) Initiative is requesting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant job positions:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical guidance and ensure the implementation of technical program activities for community based HIV Care and Support in the SMILE Program at WOCHAD. S/he will collaborate closely with the SMILE HIV Prevention, Care & Support Specialist to roll out and implement an integrated and holistic community based response to HIV/AIDS towards scaling up access to HIV prevention and care services for vulnerable children and their caregivers.
The Care and Support Officer (HIV/TB) will be responsible for working closely with the SMILE Prevention, Care & Support specialist to achieve the strategic objectives of the program – focusing primarily on HIV prevention, Care & Support but also supporting cross-cutting themes and integration efforts across the project with other areas of OVC programming including Household Economic Strengthening and Nutrition. S/he will assist in the strengthening the capacity of community volunteers and PMT in community based HIV response in line with operational strategies for achieving project aims, results and performance expectations through adherence to high standards of programmatic and management quality.
S/he will provide technical and programmatic support primarily in the areas of HIV prevention, Community based HIV Care & Support for project beneficiaries affected by AIDS. S/he will be responsible for implementing strategies designed to strengthen the linkages between the community based care activities and health facilities providing HIV care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care. S/he will also support in the area of HIV prevention awareness creation, community mobilization for HIV counselling and testing, HIV/TB care and support, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities. In addition, S/he will support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing HIV risk behaviors, HIV transmission, and gender-based violence with a focus on adolescent girls and young female caregivers.
· Provide technical support and ensure program activities improve access to HIV prevention and care services amongst project beneficiaries and their caregivers in project communities
· Work with other project staff to ensure adherence to technical standards, best practices and SMILE guidelines for all HIV Prevention Care & Support activities of the project.
· Support strategies towards ensuring that project activities are built on strong behavior change principles, and build the capacity of Community Volunteers and relevant project staff in effective implementation and monitoring.
· Work closely with LGA health unit and LACA in identifying and capitalizing on leverage points for improved linkages and referral coordination at the community level and for integration of HIV Prevention Care & Support elements into other OVC areas project activities and vice versa.
· Attend all relevant central trainings and HIV CoP meetings organized by SMILE and submit training reports to Program Manager.
· Step-down all central trainings to community volunteers, PMT and other relevant stakeholders at the LGA and community levels.
· Ensure proper documentation of all program activities implemented including ensuring beneficiaries provided with relevant HIV services are entered into NOMIS.
· Support the formation and regular meeting of beneficiary support groups in project communities.
Qualifications and Skills:
· HND/BSc in a relevant health degree a plus a minimum of 2 years technical experience with community-level HIV prevention, Care & Support programs
· Knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Paediatric & Adult)and experience working with HIV programs
· Excellent English oral and written communication skills required.
to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th May 2015