Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (Nigeria RMNCH) program. Recognizing the window of opportunity to improve upon primary health care in Nigeria, this activity will contribute to state-level reduction in under-five and maternal mortality, and increased capacity of public and private health systems to sustainably support access to primary health care. Chemonics would work closely with and support state governments, while strengthening their capacity in developing a robust plan for the health sector annually and provide support for its implementation. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Liaise with USAID/Nigeria, state governments, and other local partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements
- Facilitate processes that bring multiple stakeholders together to engage in complex policy issues and stimulate collective action on identified areas of concern
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan and targets, and timely implementation
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Act as the official point-of-contact for the activity
- Master's degree in public health or related professional advanced degree required
- Ten years of experience in public health in developing or transitional countries
- Eight years of experience as a country/project director in a public health or international development project
- Experience leading and managing an activity of similar magnitude and complexity
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with U.S. and foreign governments, development partners, and civil society; ability to develop and implement effective partnerships with private sector entities
- Willingness to travel extensively to activity locations within Nigeria and other places, as required
- Previous work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa preferred
- Fluency in English required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Method of Application
Send electronic submissions to email@example.com by June 5, 2015. Please include "Chief of Party" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only "Chief of Party - Nigeria RMNCH" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.