General Electric (GE) is an American multinational conglomerate corporation incorporated in New York and headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut. The company operates through the following segments: Energy [2013 inactive], Technology Infrastructure, Capital Finance as well as Consumer and Industrial.
- Lead the Sales for Measurement & Sensing business in Nigeria , West Africa
- Self-starter, responsible for driving orders and sales through new and existing clients
- Develop and execute territory and specific account sales plans
- Develop channel partner strategy and key account initiatives for assigned geography
The Sales Manager develops practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals and business targets for the assigned territory. In this role
you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your understanding and
experience to execute business objectives, and have the ability to effect short-term and some
long-term business goals.
Provide leadership for sales to assigned customers through the formulation and execution for
strategies and plans that capitalize on the customer's strengths as supplemented by GE's
products and services
Identify application sweet spots , white spaces for growth within key market segment
· Build relationships with the assigned customer for sales particularly focused in Oil & Gas and Power industry
· Support the assigned customer in sales activities and provide assistance to the customer in
identifying new opportunities
· Coordinate activities and provide leadership to establish individual sales strategies obtaining
appropriate approvals for pricing, and delivery
· Negotiate contracts as required
· Maintain knowledge of market trends, competitive actions, product needs, and customer base
· Work with Marketing to develop project specific sales strategies for assigned customers
· Make recommendations for continued growth
* B.S. or B.A. in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
* Proven technical and commercial
sales experience in process instrumentation
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills that enable working relationships externally (customers) and
internally and a strong team player
* Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
* Fluent in English. French is an advantage
* Minimum 5+ years of experience in Process industry with End Users, Engineering
Firms, and project sales focused on Oil and Gas, Refining, Petrochem, Power Generation and
industrial segments with significant experience in field instrumentation
* Knowledge of the oil & Gas
industry, standards and practices
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Instrumentation & Control experience, preferably in Flow measurement, gas, moisture analysis and/or pressure measurements . Must have local market knowledge and understanding.
- Candidate must satisfy local work permit and residency requirements - Strong oral and written communication skills · Strong interpersonal and leadership skills · Proven commercial experience within O&G industry in Nigeria , Ghana , Gabon , Cameroon · Integrative team working style
Job Segments: Sales Management, Sales, Instrumentation, Engineer, Manager, Engineering, Management
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.