The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), an international organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position of:
Vacancy Reference: VA15P003V01
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- ICMPD, IOM and ILO constitute the consortium implementing the project Support to Free Movement of Persons and Migration in West Africa (FMM West Africa).
- The project aims to maximise the development potential of free movement of persons and migration in West Africa by supporting the effective implementation of the ECOWAS Free Movement of Persons’ protocols and the ECOWAS Common Approach on Migration.
- The Project Support Unit (PSU) is based in Abuja. ICMPD leads the Demand Driven Facility (DDF) component of the project, which offers technical assistance to the national institutions of the ECOWAS Member States and Mauritania, primarily in the areas of border management, labour migration and anti-trafficking.
- The Project Officer will form part of the PSU and work under the supervision of the the Demand Driven Facility (DDF) Coordinator, to whom s/he will report.
- The Project Officer will facilitate DDF requests; manage the selection and development of DDF actions; and manage the implementation of these actions.
- The Project Officer will have excellent French language skills, preferably as a first language, in order to work closely with the French speaking ECOWAS Member States and manage the implementation of their DDF actions and will be fluent in written and spoken English.
- S/he will need to regularly travel throughout the ECOWAS region and Mauritania to manage the implementation of DDF projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Liaise with Frenchspeaking ECOWAS Member States to facilitate applications for DDF projects.
- Liaise with the project partners, the ECOWAS Commission, and EU Delegations for the selection and development of actions to ensure that they meet the objectives of the DDF and compliment ongoing related initiatives and activities in the region.
- Organise meetings of the DDF Technical Committee for the selection and review of actions, under the supervision of the Coordinator.
- Maintain regular contact with members of the Technical Committee to ensure the swift approval of DDF actions and solicit other required inputs from them, under the supervision of the Coordinator.
- Recruit experts and lead, organise and supervise logistically and with respect to content, expert missions, seminars, study tours, conferences and /or policy meetings.
- Represent the DDF while on mission abroad, both at technical and political levels.
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the work of experts employed on DDF missions.
- Carry out background research for assigned DDF projects.
- Maintain regular reporting on DDF actions to facilitate the review of the functioning of the DDF and the development of its strategic trajectory.
- Draft reporting inputs for the PSU related to the DDF, under the supervision of the Coordinator.
- Provide weekly updates to the Coordinator on the progress of DDF actions.
- Carry out other related tasks as assigned by the Coordinator.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree, preferably in Social Sciences or related fields.
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent oral and written French and English communication skills, including the ability to draft project proposals and studies. Knowledge of Portuguese will be an advantage.
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and work independently, as well as in a team.
- Good computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Substantial knowledge of migration, specialised knowledge on border management, labour migration management and/or counter trafficking is needed.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS and the region will be a significant asset.
ICMPD offers a competitive salary commensurate with the successful applicant's experience and education.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application through the: ICMPD online recruitment system by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, you will first need to register with the ICMPD website Once you have entered your data you will be able to quickly apply for further vacancies and ICMPD can contact you if opportunities matching your profile arise in the future.
Please note that in the course of the online application you are requested to upload your CV preferably in the EuropeAid format. Click Here to download the EuropeAid template
Should you experience technical difficulties with the online application system please send your application per e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org , specifying the type of difficulties you encountered.
Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement and posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application early. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please address all your enquiries to: email@example.com indicating vacancy number and title of post in the subject line.
For more information, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.