A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the receiving state. In practice, a diplomatic mission usually denotes the resident mission, namely the office of a country's diplomatic representatives in the capital city of another country. As well as being a diplomatic mission to the country in which it is situated, it may also be a non-resident permanent mission to one or more other countries. There are thus resident and non-resident embassies.
The U.S. Consulate in Lagos is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of a Warehouseman in the General Services Office (GSO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent performs manual supply duties in the warehouse, unloads incoming supplies, office and household furniture and equipment. She/he moves supplies to proper storage areas using fork lift trucks, hand trucks and other materials handling equipment. The job holder serve as a truck assistant and boat assistant as directed by the warehouse supervisor. She/he must maintain cleanliness, organization and safety of the warehouse. This position is a 48-hour per week schedule.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at:
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
1. Completion of Secondary School is required.
2. Minimum of six (6) month prior warehousing experience is required.
3. Level II (limited knowledge) Speaking/Reading/writing in English is required.
4. Knowledge of warehouse storage and property handling practices is required.
5. Incumbent must be able to learn locations of various types of supply items and to learn to recognize items by sight and from oral descriptions.
6. Must be able to perform moderately heavy work and heavy lifting using appropriate safety equipment.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to HRNigeria@state.gov