Diageo is the name behind many of the World's best loved drinks including Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Malta Guinness, J&B, Gordons Gin and Tanqueray.
Africa Regional Markets (ARM) is a Diageo business made up of over 40 markets across the breadth of Africa. The business models range from fully integrated demand and supply businesses in Ghana and Cameroun, newly integrated businesses in Ethiopia and Mozambique to Partnerships in a number of West, Central and Southern African countries and Angola.
Our performance ambition calls for us to create the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world; this requires us to guarantee our plans with the right people and capabilities.
This role sits in Nigeria which is biggest market in Africa and the largest Guinness market in the world. The role is accountable for populations within the Benin Brewery and Customer Service. The role will also work across GN projects (Talent Planning, Change programmes, process improvement projects) in order to deliver the people outcomes.
- Part of team which deploys the Multi Year Talent Plan (or elements of it depending on business unit
- Ensures succession plans are in place for the population accountable for
- Clear plans of how we retain and attract talent
Organisation Effectiveness, Culture and Leadership
- Ensure the change programmes for population is embedded
- Ensure leadership teams the role supports are living and breathing the behaviours and values
- Manages overhead within overall targets
- Executes tools and practices to ensure the productive development of the Diageo culture (e.g. Diageo Values Survey, Great Place To Work surveys) and acts on the results and insights
- Ensure we have L&D plans in place that are fully aligned to the talent plan present and future performance needs and which ensures that the business has the capabilities available
- Implement global relevant programmes
- Ensures the business/function populations have good quality development plans in place
Reward and Analytics
- Good understanding of the market reward environment and intervenes, builds and challenges as appropriate
- Partners Reward and Shared Services to deliver the annual reward cycle
- Own reward agenda end to end in their function
Compliance and Ethics
- Core policies are rolled out and adhered to (where relevant population have a compliance objective in performance goals)
- HRBPs are clear on the GN Statement of Authority and adhere to it
- Conducts interviews and investigations on ER issues, complaints, and grievances, connecting with First Point to ensure proper case management and record keeping.
- Responsible for connecting & supporting appropriate employee forums & representatives.
- Manage, influence & review the total overhead budget for the business/function and the non-staff related costs. Monitor the costs against business targets & budget
- Critical Criteria to be successful in this role
- Ability to build relationships/partnerships across the function/business
- Ability to partner HR (Global/Shared Services) brilliantly
- Clear on the role HR plays to ensure a culture centred on the must do behaviours and values
- Has a continuous improvement mind-set constantly asking what needs to happen to bring clarity, simplicity & agility
- Clear on the talent agenda & how diversity throughout the organisation will deliver the outcomes
- Ability to coach line managers on people related matters
- Ability to analyse and use systems & data to understand people and organisational trends & issues to ensure we have the talent to meet the business needs
Demonstrated evidence of:
- 5+ years HR business partnering experience which covers the full HR functional agenda.
- FMCG experience in a unionized environment would be an advantage
- IR experience
- Experience working in a multinational organisation
- Preferably has experience supporting functional groups in the course of the 5 years’ experience
- Demonstrated coaching ability and experience with leaders is essential
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Note: Click SEARCH OPENINGS, Select NIGERIA and then Click SEARCH.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale