General Electric (GE) is an American multinational conglomerate corporation incorporated in New York and headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut. The company operates through the following segments: Energy [2013 inactive], Technology Infrastructure, Capital Finance as well as Consumer and Industrial.
ECDP-SSA is a 12- month program designed to develop entry-level talent for GE businesses across Africa. The program purpose is to build expertise and leadership skills in specific areas of finance. The program includes classroom and online trainings. Candidates will undertake challenging assignments and benefit of exposure to GE senior leaders.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Prospecting for new private practice sector customers and business in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio, and qualifying new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales
- Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, planning customer meetings, and demonstrating equipment capabilities on assigned products in assigned territory
- Sales negotiation and deal closure at the customer, interfacing with all key buying influencers such as direct users of the product, but also possibly department heads or CXO level personnel
- Expected to sell point of sale service contracts, financing and drive margin though selling value and holding price
- Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge of GE and competitive products
- Achieve annual and quarterly achievement of multiple order and revenue targets through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting, by prioritizing selling time to generate sales volume, achieve account penetration and complete territory coverage
- Maintaining satisfactory after-sale relationships and development of long-term customer relationships coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs
- Develop account penetration strategies for key target and competitive accounts and communicating current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
- Providing leadership in market analysis and development/execution of strategies and action plans to drive product sales
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Knowledge and understanding of all Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare HIPPA Guidelines, NEMA Regulations, etc.) and operates within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int’l Law is broken.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int’l Law is broken
- Ownership of order and configuration quality at the point of entry to ensure accuracy, configuration integrity and that all requirements are tied to documented customer inputs.
- Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
- Biomedical Bachelor's Degree or similar Health Science Degree or higher.
- 0 – 2 years’ experience in medical diagnostic environment.
- Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business needs as well as to sales meetings and tradeshows
- To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail ensuring timely follow-up and closure.
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills - verbal, written and listening.
- Able to take on ad-hoc assignments and work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to handle business sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity.
- Good organizational and efficiency skills;
- Experience working within a very busy environment where deadlines are clearly defined and must be met.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change
Job Segments: Medical, Quality Manager, Environmental Health & Safety, Compliance, Entry Level, Healthcare, Quality, Legal
The Commercial Operations Manager- West Central Africa ensures that the Local Customer Team (LCT) sales organization receive an integrated commercial operations service and owns the full commercial /ITO process : Deal Structuring, Risk analysis & mitigation, go/no-go decision making, proposal generation, deal negotiation/closing and hand-over to OTR. Will contribute to the overall LCT GTM strategy and sales force effectiveness initiatives to improve productivity and channel effectiveness.
1. WCA Commercial Operations
- Oversees development of winning commercial deal strategies
- Organizes and leads deal review & decision meetings to ensure that technical and commercial risks are addressed and incorporated in our offers
- Ensures adherence to Policy 5.0/6.0 (“A”)
o Highlights and communicates risks outside company standards
o Ensures that deal risks are properly assessed and mitigated (flags approved by relevant functions per DoA matrix)
o Presents overall risk profile during deal strategy discussions
o Co-develops appropriate Terms and Conditions for standard customer proposals (per types) based on risk/reward analysis
- Measures and monitors KPIs (such as market visibility, win rate, order quality, V to customer’s bid want date) and adherence to risk review and opportunity management procedures.
- Ensures proposal throughput, yield, cost, and efficiency (“A”)
- Ensures that commercial tools are updated regularly by the LCT com’l teams
- Owns orders forecasting
- Works as a key member of the LCT team in support of achieving the orders, sales, and margin targets
2. Quality Specific Goals
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals,Policy 5.0, Policy 6.0 and applicable laws and regulations and other GEHC policies as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
1. Strong business acumen and 5 to 10 years’ experience in Sales/Services/Commercial/Financial roles
2. Proven success in commercial project management execution
3. Fluent in English with excellent communication skill and strong
4. Exhibits the ability to interact effectively with various types of people with ability to articulate & build convincing arguments internally and externally.
5. Excellent financial & business knowledge and understanding
6. High work standard and quality.
7. Reliable, responsive, attentive to detail.
8. Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver on tight timelines
9. Action and results oriented
10. Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast paced environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
1. Prior experience with contract drafting and negotiation and customer/client interaction and relationships.
2. Management of teams
3. Initiative, self-confidence, presence and self-assurance
4. Team player.
5. Business acumen.
Job Segments: Operations Manager, Manager, Operations, Outside Sales, Quality Manager, Management, Sales, Quality
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.