The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world's leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
Background and Responsibilities
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
• Monthly preparation of the cash position
• Funding status control
• Monthly bank reconciliations
• Budget monitoring and analysis
• Control of fixed assets
• Office Insurance management (including vehicle)
• Analysis of advance accounts, petty cash accounts, reimbursements, payments and any other accounts related with the operations of the office.
• Control of tax recovery
• Daily recording of transactions carried out by the office’s staff
• Filing of accounting information duly supported by invoices or contracts
• Perform any other duties that will be assigned.
• Maintenance of office décor
• Make travel arrangements for staff
• Arranging staff meetings, events, workshops and conferences in the country and providing logistic support
• Handling of motor vehicle maintenance, service and supervising the drivers.
• Ensuring availability of office stationery and sundry.
• Keep inventory and manage maintenance of office equipment
• Handle telephone calls/faxes, receive and assist visitors to the office
• Organize and maintain filling system for the office
• Implementation of CIP policies and procedures
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Qualification and Experience
• Education: Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or other related formal academic qualifications
• Experience: At least 3 years relevant experience of which 2 years should be in a similar (Accounts/administrative) position, preferably in an International Organization or Foreign Mission.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.