Wherever people come together to imagine something, create something, build something, we're there to help make it real. For over 200 years. Around the world.
Drawing on our global experience and 200-year history, Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with innovative banking solutions that are simple, creative and responsible. Our goal is to deliver products and services that exceed expectations and help customers confidently achieve their goals today and in the future.
- Ensuring timely processing of all OTC transactions in the queues daily.
- Ensuring that all items on Orbiflow queues are justified to be there and that issues are raised and promptly followed up for resolution.
- Process Certificate of Capital Importation in line with CBN guideline and in-house procedures.
- Rendition of weekly uncollected and unissued CCI reports
- Rendition of daily and monthly CCI reports to CBN
- Responsibility for proper printing and delivery of manager’s checks to the customer service desk.
- Ensuring liquidation of Paylink checks is carried out on Checks 32.
- Ensuring movement out of unclaimed accounts are done with proper approvals
- Ensure established TATs are achieved and improved upon as well as quality of service delivery .
- Posting of sundry unclaimed items like:
- P and L
- Float Sharing
- Ensuring that all reports/returns for the unit are prepared daily and timely.
- Promptly respond to enquiries by both customers and colleagues alike as part of high quality service delivery.
- Active participation and timely delivery of quality reports in respect of :
- Monthly Proofs
- Monthly Volume statistics
- Ad-hoc Audit
- Active participation in any other project as may be assigned from time to time.
- B.Sc. degree/first degree
- The ideal candidate should have 1-2 years’ experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills which is required for both internal and external business partners.
- Strong PC and database management skills.
- Good control skills
- Good reporting and tracking skills
- Attention to details in document review
- Good organizational and planning skills required to manage a large number of requests.
- Qualitative, numerical and communication
- Team player who pays attention to details with a high degree of control and emphasis to quality.
- Self-discipline and dedication.
- Quick learner
- Willing to take on extra duties as may be required.
- Appreciation of operational risks involved with transaction processing
- Self Motivator and capacity to take on additional tasks and new roles.
- Inconsistency in establishment and interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Compliance with Citigroup controls, local and international laws.
- Ability to handle high-pressure on the job resulting from large volume and unusual tasks, capacity and infrastructure constraints.
go to method of application »
The Teller is a frontline staff and is one of the customer’s first points of contact with the bank and therefore it is essential that, in spite of work pressure, they must wear a cheerful look and countenance.
His/her primary focus is to deliver prompt and efficient services across the counters and at the same time, ensuring compliance with operating and regulatory guidelines. This will include prompt update of registers for transactions requiring reporting to regulatory bodies.
The basic objective of the Branch Operations/Cash & Tellers unit is delivery of products and services to customers in a timely and efficient manner. Located in the banking hall, the unit is the major point of contact with customers and the general public, hence it is a major driver in determining the level of customer satisfaction through the quality of service provided.
Positive customer experience translates directly to business growth through deepening of customer wallet and creates opportunity for new relationships.
This underscores the primal position of the unit within the overall context of the bank as a service provider.
The following are the specific tasks and responsibilities of the Counter Service Teller:
- Perform LCY/FX cash transactions over the counter at the branch.
- Reconcile FX collections from implant location to resolve issues with collections
- Hold custody of FX cash in the vault.
- Handling/processing of all over the counter collections.
- Ensure all customers’ requests/instructions are complete with proper documentation in line with applicable regulations and guidelines of Central Bank of Nigeria, tax laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, U.S. anti-boycott and anti-money laundering guidelines, Citigroup policy and local procedures.
- Time-stamp (validate) and signature-verify all customers’ requests and refer those that require call-back/status approval to supervisor for action.
- Ensure transactions are not processed for SDN names and sanctioned countries by checking the SDN list prior to processing transactions.
- Report all qualifying transactions processed in line with existing NDLEA limits.
- Ensure appropriate charges are applied as per bank’s charges list, applying concessions where applicable.
- Process all customer requests within the standard turnaround time and without error.
- Ensure stated procedures and policies for all products are adhered to while processing. e.g. Advise of daily rates first thing every morning
- Update registers, where required, before/after processing.
- Ensure all transactions processed during the day are fully authorised and there is no pending transaction left on the system before closing for the day.
- Ensure all cash received and paid is properly accounted for by preparation of teller proof at the end of each day. Perform intermittent balancing during the day.
- Ensure all cash exchanges are documented in line with policy. Safeguard all cash and valuables under custody.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and security of customer and transactional information stored in any form (images, application files, databases, spreadsheets, papers, registers, files, etc) in line with local procedures and departmental designations. Ensure proper put-away procedures are observed at close of business and during any temporal absence from workstation.
- Participate in the quarterly MCA exercise for all counter products and processes and ensure satisfactory MCA ratings are achieved for all products and processes.
- Handling of expense and internal processing transactions.
- Preparation and delivery of reports as may be required by implant customer
- Ensure all performed tasks are closed on Resolve IT at the required/specified intervals.
- Perform additional projects and responsibilities as assigned by unit management.
- B.Sc. degree/first degree
- 6-12 months operations experience will be an advantage.
- Good Interpersonal/Communication Skills
- Customer Focused
- Analytical Mind/Proactive
- Fast Learner
- Meticulous & Accurate
- High level of integrity/sense of responsibility
- Error Free Processing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Compliance with regulatory/institutional requirements
- Processing within tight turn-around times
- Preparation of Reports with tight timelines
- Customer satisfaction in a highly competitive environment
- Weekend and public holiday work (as and when required)
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Note: Choose NIGERIA from the LOCATION list and then click SEARCH.