If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Women for Women International (WfWI) provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability, self-sufficiency, and active citizenship, thereby promoting viable civil societies. WfWI has an immediate opportunity for an Economic Empowerment Assistant for our Nigeria Country Office. The position will be located in Enugu State.
The Economic Empowerment Assistant will be in charge of all Village Savings and Loan Activities (VSLA). He/she will assist the Economic Empowerment Officer to appropriately Plan and deliver VSLA, business and skills training to existing and newly emerging groups of Women for Women International (WfWI) core program and graduate participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively contribute to VSLA planning, mobilization, identification, scheduling, implementation and supervision; and also participate in Training of Trainers sessions in accordance with Economic Empowerment strategy.
- Collaborate with the Social Empowerment and Economic Empowerment (numeracy, business and vocational ) trainers to plan and schedule trainings, synthesize material and maximize training results using Participatory Rural Appraisal Tools of Adult learning
- Ensure the correct selection criteria of participants based on standard VSLA methodology to fit to WfWI implementation strategy.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all the VSLA trainees receive the training and Numeracy, Business and Skill trainings as per plan and track participants’ progress, with the help of Economic Empowerment Officer.
- Conduct pre and posttest questionnaires following training modules and communicate feedback to the M&E Team.
- Track records and ensures quality management for all VSLA groups and participant’s attendance sheets and support local VSLA agents when necessary.
- Keep training records and files up to date, filing forms for Economic Empowerment department
- Assist and participate in the overall economic empowerment team activities e.g. Selection and sensitization of participants for Numeracy, Business and skill trainings.
- Support the Economic Empowerment Officer to develop schedule for trainings, monitor and report on progress of the trainers.
- Provide weekly reports on progress of VSLA and other Economic Empowerment activities.
- Track and develop VSLA success stories
- Perform other tasks of economic empowerment department not covered by the above
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least a Diploma is required; specialized training in community economic development, business administration, social work, education, Agriculture will be an advantage.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience, preferably with experience in training and/or teaching adults.
- Must be knowledgeable on economic development practices in the local area and capable of providing proper advice and guidance to adults.
- Must be attuned to the particular situation and needs of the women in the program so as to give proper advice.
- Good facilitation and organizational skills.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Email.
- Fluent in English Language - Igbo would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CV and cover letter as one document not more than 4 pages on or before 13th May 2015 explaining why you are suitable for the job to: Nigeriajobs@womenforwomen.org
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.