Job Vacancies at Acetech Services
Posted on: 2 May, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Acetech Services
AceTech is a provider of outsourced Procurement & Supply Chain solutions and Human Resource solutions, tailoring its service-offering to the specific needs of each individual client.
From its offices in Dubai's Jumeirah Lakes To wers free zone, AceTech is ideally placed to meet its clients' needs and to constantly seek to exceed their expectations.
- The purpose of the estimating department is to provide quantity take off and estimating support to the proposal managers and project managers.
- In addition to developing and maintaining a standard estimating work process, the Estimating Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of Company standards for estimating systems.
- As a resource to the proposal managers and project managers, this role will insure estimate data will be provided in a format satisfactory to the project team.
- Develop bid cost estimates of oil and gas fabrication and offshore construction activities, ensuring the assessment of costs for all project activities.
- Prepare bid price sheet by first principle and preliminary project cash flow.
- Prepare bid price breakdown and any prices/cost details.
- Prepare initial project budget and liaise with other company offices to maintain consistency in estimating standards.
Select Reference Vendor Quotations:
- Provide cost estimates or cost plans for projects during design development stage.
- Maintain and further develop in-house cost estimating tools in conjunction with designated focal points and central estimating team.
- Planning - Ensure the development and maintenance of company standards and resources for quantity take off and estimating services. Provide a structure that will facilitate a coordinated effort to insure the proper resources are available at all times to the project teams. In addition, planning involves a coordinated effort with the quality management group to insure standards, policies and procedures are available for the estimating group.
- Coordination - Facilitate effective communication and efficient resource deployment within the estimating group as well as with the Proposal and Project Managers.
- Execution - Ensure the commitments of the estimating group are fulfilled. This includes the development and deployment of resources, the implementation and continual improvement of quantity take off and estimating standards, policies and procedures, and providing the project teams with excellent service.
- Management - Establish and maintain the organization of the estimating group. Ensure that quantity take offs and estimating methods are standardized and proper mentoring is administered. In coordination with the human resources group, insure career development is promoted for all employees within the group.
- Company and Project Goals - Assure that all company and/or project goals are properly communicated to and acted upon by all estimating personnel.
- Quality Control - In a coordinated effort with the quality management group, develop quality standards and monitor compliance through all phases of quantity take off and estimating processes.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Brownfield Knowledge - Demonstrated knowledge of the preparation of estimates for onshore, offshore and subsea facilities for Brownfield and Asset Management proposals and projects.
- EPC Knowledge - Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the flow and logistics needed for the execution of EPC proposals and projects.
- Leadership - Possess excellent leadership skills and have the ability to effectively lead employees in the estimating group.
- Possess the ability to facilitate and promote a team concept where estimating provides resources and expertise in a structured format to the proposal managers and project managers in a manner that will foster all involved to work as a cohesive group.
- Organization - Possess the ability to organize large amounts of information into a coherent, meaningful format.
- Communication - Effectively communicate, both formally and informally, within the project estimating group, the corporate resources division, as well as to the project teams. Proactive manner demonstrating high numeracy and interpersonal skills. Accountable and delivers on commitments.
Work Experience, Education, Certifications and Licenses
- Degree qualified or suitable industry experience.
- Minimum 20+ years of relevant working experience in cost estimating / tendering
- Demonstrable experience in the build-up of cost estimates for oil and gas Brownfield and Greenfield onshore and offshore projects and Asset Management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Good working knowledge of cost estimating principles, systems, techniques and industry standards.
go to method of application »
- Reporting into the Sr. Project Controls Manager, the primary purpose of this role is to develop and maintain project controls deliverables in support of fabricated multi discipline facilities engineering deliverables for the oil and gas industry.
- Produce planning and cost deliverables in accordance with the project timetable from engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning data
- Assemble planning and cost deliverables by early engagement with the project team so as to prepare the work-scope within a timely manner to maintain the schedule.
- Produce deliverables based on planning the most efficient build programme with the capability, of alerting the project to potential schedule and budget difficulties.
- Propose mitigation solutions based on “what if” scenarios run in Primavera Project Planning software.
- Produce project planning and cost deliverables in accordance with the project timetable of phased implementation from engineering/procurement/fabrication/construction/precommissioning/commissioning data.
- Assemble planning and cost deliverables by early engagement with the project team so as to support the project in a timely manner.
- Understand project documentation thus ensuring compliance with the scope of work and reflect in planning and cost deliverables.
- Ensure that the production of manufactured items is achieved in a timely manner by ND. Ensure that the project controls relating to the construction work-scope is applied in the safest, and most timely manner, whilst maximizing cost recovery for ND.
- Ensure the project controls framework reflects the capture of as built information. Also ensure that management of change is applied efficiently, capturing all changes that have a schedule and cost impact on the ND work-scope.
- Understand engineering procedures/interfaces for all disciplines and reflect in project controls deliverables.
- Any duties as deemed reasonable within the associated envelope of the individual’s technical capability.
- Assist in the technology transfer of good project controls practice to the indigenous team members.
- Mentor national employees.
Key Internal Interfaces:
- Project Manager
- Project Staff
- Senior Project Controls Manager
- Various ND management staff
Key External Interfaces
- Other Nigerdock department staff
- Client teams.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience within an oil and gas industry facilities fabrication/construction/engineering project controls environment - minimum 8 years in a project controls lead/supervisory role.
- Technical professional with in depth project fabrication/engineering/construction experience and knowledge of project controls requirements particularly relating to such.
- Tertiary Technical qualifications - essential.
- Good team player with a pro-active and flexible attitude, and able to work in a challenging environment, with minimal supervision. Must be able to communicate at professional engineer level and thus draw together the best information into a multi discipline package for the project.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (essential)
- PC Literate in MS Windows, Excel, MS Office,
- MS Project, Primavera Planning (minimum - skilled level)
- Mature person with cultural sensitivity.
Method of Application
Use links below to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Acetech ServicesSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Marketers, E-commerce at Simeon's Pivot Resources
- Job Vacancy at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Project Executives at Petros Management Consulting Limited
- Jobs at AA Racma & Partners Group Limited
- Female Marketer and Communication Executives at Leadhire limited
- Female Sales Executives at Kennedia Consulting
- Job Opening at Lorache Limited
- Latest Jobs at Arcadia Media