IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investment, providing advisory services to businesses and governments, and mobilizing capital in the international financial markets. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The responsibilities of the Investment Officer include but are not limited to:
- Work with colleagues to develop a strong pipeline of good investment opportunities in infrastructure in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Work closely with teams across the World Bank Group to resolve sector issues;
- Support the implementation of the Joint WBG Energy Business Plan (EBP) for Nigeria;
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate and close new investment transactions;
- Execute IFC‘s project development investments with a strong focus on achieving bankable projects;
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for investment transactions;
- Coordinate closely with environmental and social colleagues to ensure the maintenance of high environmental and social standards in IFC’s investment;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and prospective clients;
- Work closely with IFC’s external partners in infrastructure in the region;
- Supervise investments in portfolio companies; and
- Collaborate efficiently with a range of industry and regional IFC colleagues.
- MBA or equivalent degree;
- At least 4-8 years of finance experience, and a proven track record in originating, structuring and closing transactions;
- Knowledge of the infrastructure sectors, ideally in emerging markets;
- Experience in project development a plus;
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments;
- Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on client needs effectively;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
- Commitment to the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values;
- Motivation to support development in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Results oriented and strong client focus; and
- Excellent communication skills in English required, other language skills an advantage.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
For Corporate information, please visit www.ifc.org. Please be aware that only selected candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this role, click here