If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the below position: Principal, Solution Structuring, Transaction Banking
Job ID: 473092
- Trade is a core business of the Bank and will make a significant contribution in delivering the Banks growth aspirations. Towards this end, we are looking for a high performer to join the team and help Trade "Lead The Way&" We are currently among the top 3 banks globally for Trade Finance Business and considered a leader in Trade Finance area. We continue to pioneer in this area and have launched new products and solutions that are the first of its kind for the banking industry. We continue to develop new product capability in the area of Trade Finance providing the best in class solution for the needs of our clients. Transaction structuring primarily for clients of Nigeria in Africa.
- This role is based in Nigeria. Working in tandem with the CIC RM, Transaction Banking Sales Team, Trade/Cash Product Management, and Client segments in country or region, to structure and implement bespoke trade based financing solutions to meet client’s financing needs, including but not limited to open a/c financing, inventory/warehouse finance, etc and which mitigate risks.
The incumbent will be a key member of the Structured Solutions Team responsible for:
- Transaction structuring, whilst conforming to the Bank's policies and client’s objectives
- Managing end2end deal lifecycle - from identifying needs, structuring to term-sheet/credit work-shopping/negotiating facility docs/execution.
- Coordinate and lead the client discussions with the TB Sales and RM teams
- Coordinate input and approvals from internal stakeholders on the solutions.
- The incumbent would be constantly positioning SCB to be well placed in adapting to industry changes and requirements.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Originate and Scope:
- By providing advice and sharing industry needs and structures with sales teams and RM’s.
- To identify key client needs based on knowledge of the industry and client.
Structure and Negotiate:
- To develop structures to meet clients financing needs.
- Preparing and negotiating term sheets with the client. To vet the underlying commercial contracts, if any.
- To interface and engage with In-house Legal and external counsel as applicable to ensure the documentation is robust and in line with banks requirements.
- To engage various teams and work to resolve operational, regulatory & compliance, accounting and tax issues.
- To structure the solutions for the distribution/sell down of the assets (developed through various structures including ECAs, credit insurance, primary market distribution etc).
- To be able to make work shopping memos/PSR so that deal structure, risks and revenue economics can be effectively communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- To ensure that the solutions are in line with the banks policies and deviations are appropriately identified and approvals sought.
- To discuss structure and risks along with RM teams and credit. To ensure key risk triggers are monitored.
Delivery and Execution:
- To be aware of the operational aspects of each product and systems so that structures are developed which does not enhance operational risks.
- To coordinate with the delivery teams to ensure that drawdowns happen smoothly.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proficiency in English
- Graduate with at least 12 years of relevant experience.
- Strategic: ability to appreciate the bigger picture, create alternatives & instinctively spot relevant patterns, while remaining aware of the detailed nuances.
- Analytical: ability to search for reasons and causes behind events and decisions and be able to brainstorm on all the factors that might affect a situation.
- Ability to understand, and communicate industry and business risks and find solutions that fit within acceptable risk levels.
- Effective communication skills: Well-developed written and spoken communication skills to promote SCB capabilities within the SCB Group and externally and ability to coordinate and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Teamwork: ability to work in a cross cultural team and maximize the team effort.
- Good Interpersonal Skills : Personable with great emphasis on team work
- Skills required to manage/ implement cross-geography deals
- Exposure to Structured Trade & Commodity Finance is strongly preferred
Method of Application
To apply for this role, click here