MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
• Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
• Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
• Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
• Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
• Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
• Develop and maintain organization structures using approved principles of Organisation Design and ensure they support organizational effectiveness and reflect the business activities and tasks carried out within the Units.
• Manage the establishment of jobs and carry out evaluations in accordance with established Job Evaluation process. Track and monitor headcount levels, ensuring associated financial provisions are incorporated into the budget.
• Review the application of HR policies across the organization and regularly assess impact, validity of these policies and recommend improvement actions /appropriate policies to ensure fairness, uniformity and consistency of HR’s Policy Framework.
• Periodically review the adequacy of MTNN’s Competency Management Model, ensuring continual update of Job Competency Profiles (JCPs) in line with changes in job activities and job families.
• Track corporate, departmental and employee competencies to enhance capability development programs.
• Develop an approach for deploying career development in line with approved Career Development Framework, leveraging job family groupings and creating career paths and mobility opportunities, for deployment by Talent, Careers and Learning teams.
• Develop/adopt a Culture Management Framework to promote the right environment for employee harmony, ethics and work attitude.
• Oversee the implementation of culture initiatives including participation in corporate council meetings and manage the year on year performance of all dimensions of the Group Culture Audit.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
Minimum 10 years’ experience including:
• Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
• Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
• Work experience preferably in the Consulting, Research & Business Development or Human Resources profession.
• 2/3 years’ experience in organizational effectiveness and design
• Matrix of Work/ Levels of Work
• Hay Job Evaluation System
• Competency Management Modules
• Policy Development
• Strategic Workforce Planning
Minimum qualification BSc
To apply for this position, click here