Pacific Drilling S.A. is a growing offshore drilling company that provides global ultra-deepwater drilling services to the oil and natural gas industry through the use of high-specification drillships. Our corporate offices are located in Houston, Texas with offices in Brazil, Luxembourg, Nigeria, Singapore and South Korea.
Position SummaryThe Subsea Technician is a ‘fast track’ trainee of the Subsea Department. He or she is responsible for learning as much as possible about the subsea equipment to gain deep insight as to the various tasks and methods of the drilling vessel subsea environment. The technician will also be responsible for interacting with as many Subsea Supervisors as possible in the first year of the program.
Desired Skills and Experience
The Subsea Technician is required to have:
• A sound knowledge of hydraulic systems, with either mechanical or electrical related experience.
• A technical education with a degree, a diploma or equivalent.
• At least one year of supervisory experience (even if there was only one subordinate).
• Worked a rotating schedule, with long periods away from home, preferably on foreign assignments.
• The ability and willingness to perform self-study.
• A sound knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• The ability to read drawings and schematics.
• Be able to collect and process information required for the assignments.
• The capability to write detailed, though concise, technical reports.
• Always promote Pacific Drilling in a positive manner.
• Display continual loyalty to Pacific Drilling.
• Customer focus.
• An enthusiastic, self-driven and dynamic pro-active attitude.
• Priority Setting.
• Problem Solving.
• Attention to details.
• Strong organizational commitment.
• Written and oral communication skills.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.