Ongoing Recruitment at Nigerian NGO
Posted on: 30 April, 2015
Deadline: 7 May, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A Nigerian NGO based in Abuja working in the area of strategic communication support at all levels in the development sector in Nigeria and beyond. is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following posts:
(Ref No: BDO/NE/01)
- To manage and oversee the business development aspect of the organization including marketing and public relations functions:
- Proposal preparation, including strategic thinking, writing and budgeting
- Partner cultivation and relationship building
- Exploring new opportunities, donors, etc.
- Marketing to achieve organisation objectives
- 5-7 years' experience working in business development and marketing/strategic planning at a senior level
- Business development and marketing experience within the public and private sector.
- In-depth knowledge of business development practices and marketing. with an understanding of prospective clients. partners and industry trends in the fieldofhealth and social communication.
- Experience in working or liaising with the media - highly desirable
- Broad understanding ofNGO field and its operations - highly desirable
- Bachelor Degree in Business or MBA (preferred) or equivalent Master's degree with experience in business development
go to method of application »
(Ref No: SCO/NE/01)
Overall responsibility for the management of all communication activities for the organisation through leading, planning, coordinating and monitoring of:
- Community mobilization
- Communication and marketing activities in collaboration with other project technical components
- Close liaison with state teams and programme partners.
- Post Graduate Degree (MPH, MSc, MCA) in Public Health, Health Communication, Health Promotion, or Mass Communication (An MBA is an added advantage)
- Essential competencies/skills for both posts include excellent verbal and written communication skills, IT competency, good analytical skills and the ability to impart detailed data to others.
- They should also possess interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and partners at all levels.
- Also required is methodical and systematic work approach with attention to details, as well as ability to deliver by planning work and setting targets for the achievement of objectives.
Method of Application
Applications should be made using a CV of no more than 3 sides of A4 (in a standard CV format) including at least two references, as well as a cover letter (max I side A4) stating interest and suitability for the post. Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the relevant reference number in the subject line of the email. The closing date is 5 pm Thursday 7 May 2015. Successful candidates will be invited to attend practical assessments and interviews.
If you have not received a response to your application by Friday 15 May 2015. please assume your application was
unsuccessful this time, as we will be unable to individually notify unsuccessful candidates.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Communications Officer - Northern Education Initiative Plus at Creative Associates International
- Business Support Assistant (Retailer) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Health Manager at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Procurement Services Specialist at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- House Master/ House Mistress/Matron at Child Life Line (“CLL”)
- Business and Program Development Lead at PACT Nigeria
- Expression of Interest at WaterAid