Current Job Opportunity at AfroTourism
Posted on: 30 April, 2015
Deadline: 8 May, 2015
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at AfroTourism
Afrotourism is a digital media and publishing company that specializes in providing dynamic travel and leisure information on untapped Africa and its surrounding islands. Our aim is to unveil the untapped potential of the world's most culturally rich and diverse continent as a destination of choice for travel and tourism.
Our niche is 'off-the-beaten-path' attractions. Our medium is via our interactive and intuitive website, user-friendly mobile app and resourceful travel guides. Our target market is the seasoned traveler, the would-be traveler and every enthusiast interested in discovering Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Purpose of Role/Job Brief
- The chief operating officer (COO) reports to the chief executive officer (CEO) and is responsible for the company's day-to-day operating activities, including revenue and sales growth; expense, cost and margin control; and monthly, quarterly and annual financial goal management.
- The COO will oversee the design, enhancement, implementation, reporting, and oversight of the company's sales and marketing, financials, operations, human resources and compliance.
- Working as a key member of the company's leadership team, the COO will take a leadership role in building, implementing, and overseeing all of the company's systems, processes, workflows and procedures.
- The COO will have responsibility for sales and marketing, and will also play a critical role in helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of the organization.
- Supports the CEO in contributing to the business plan
- Has budget planning and management responsibility
- Manages all resources required for business, including technology and people
- Manages performance reviews and professional development plans for team
- Manages organizational structure and selection of new team members
- Manages relationships with external resource providers
- Leads all tactical and strategic team meetings
- Owns market segmentation/migration plan for business profitability
- Ensures that all team members are looking for ways to systematize the business to increase efficiency
- Plans and executes all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Maintains our social media presence
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identifies trends and insights, and optimizes spend and performance based on the insights
- Utilizes strong analytical abilities to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Evaluates emerging technologies.
- Provides thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Builds and executes social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
Education and Experience Requirements
- 7 to 10 years of business management experience across a range of business disciplines (leadership role, a plus)
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Qualified or possesses requisite experience in HR frameworks, financial management, sales and marketing, operations financial reporting capabilities, including budgeting and cash flow management
- Demonstrates successful execution of business strategies for company products and services
- Strong general IT infrastructure knowledge
- Strong human capital management knowledge
- Solid working knowledge of marketing principles and their practical implementation (digital marketing, a must)
- Proven track record in planning and implementing digital marketing campaigns, especially Web marketing techniques
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords, Facebook and YouTube campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
A competitive compensation package that commensurate with these responsibilities is being offered.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and Curriculum Vitae with full details of their qualifications and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AfroTourismSimilar Jobs
- Web Master at Nigerian Top Secret
- Graduate Social Media Intern at Iconway Media
- Writers at 24hours Reporter
- Sports Presenters at Winning Blue Communications
- Digital Technical Producer - Igbo at the BBC World Service
- Sales Manager, West Africa (Satellite & Broadcasting) at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Female Content Associate at Madivas Mag
- Latest Job Openings at STARTUPROOM