Fresh Vacancy at MainOne
Posted on: 29 April, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business.
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting for the vacant position of:
Department: IP Operations
Reporting Line: Head, IP Network Operations
- The IP Engineer will be responsible for supporting the team in designing; integrating and implementing IP based services on the Main One network and or customer networks.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Primarily focus on all level 2 escalated issues from the GNOC for timely (<30mins) resolution with minimal supervision
- Monitoring of network elements and ensuring prompt repair and restoration of all faulty/down sites/links.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of network and security infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy servers.
- Performing routine checks and maintenance on all network elements.
- Managing bandwidth of the IP backbone for optimal performance.
- Working and cooperating with internal and external groups when required in order to fully support environments and maintain service.
- Field support and provisioning support tasks as a method to encourage learning and responsibility.
- Contributing to initiatives for driving down incident rates and working with 1st line Operations and Operations Engineers within specialist functional teams, to improve service recovery times.
- Contacts You will be required to work closely with the Network Operations team, as well as the Technical Sales, and Service delivery teams.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant post NYSC experience required
- General knowledge in implementing high- performance networks with multiple locations and applications, preferably service provider networks.
- Relevant certifications include CCNA, CCNP, MCP. A CCIP,or CCIE will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies - TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, VPNs, Firewalls, Proxy etc.
- Basic knowledge of networks and setting up and maintaining servers and security-access aspects
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Time management and personal effectiveness skills
- Relationship management
- Team work
Demand on the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Reliability, rigour, team-spirit, service oriented and initiative in the execution of the assigned work
- 10% travel/ or as required
Method of Application
Apply online by clicking here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- Support Engineer at Cobranet Limited
- Finance Manager at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Sharepoint Developer at SiNet Technologies
- Technical Tendering Manager - High Voltage at GE Nigeria
- Graphics Designer at Datalex Nigeria Limited
- Senior Sales Executive at a Technology Company
- Business Executives at Sulfman Consulting Limited
- Job Opportunities at Teledom International Limited