Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Yobe State (3 Positions)
The Community Mobilization Assistant will be responsible for providing support in the implementation, organisation, follow-up and reporting of community mobilization activities of the ACF program in close collaboration with the Nutrition and Health Officer and ACF LGA Supervisors. The Community Mobilization Officer implements and supervises the activities in the communities to strengthen coverage of nutrition awareness through CMAM, IYCF and WASH activities.
Summary of Key Objectives:
- Undertake Community Mobilization Activities in collaboration with the Health Facility staff
- Support the health facilities with Nutrition Awareness trainings
- To participate actively in IYCF,WASH and other nutrition related activities in the community
Qualifications; Essential Skills & Experience:
- Diploma in Health/Nutrition related sciences with a major in Community Mobilization preferred; combination of work experience and sufficiently related areas of study may be accepted in lieu
- Strategic thinking, planning, reporting and communication skills
- Fluent in English and Hausa; other regional languages an asset; solid literacy skills in English
- Interpersonal skills – able to work with diverse stakeholders and partners effectively
- Precision and exactitude
- Basic computer literacy
- Good capacity to work in a team
- Knowledge of admission criteria and Nigeria CMAM protocol
- Resident of community area (LGA) of work, networks within community
- Previous NGO experience in a similar setting
- Proficiency with local languages (Kanouri, Fulani)
- Knowledge of arithmetic to make anthropometric measurements and statistics
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday, 10th of May will not be considered.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale