Job in a Leading Power Solution Provider via BullHorn Reach
Posted on: 29 April, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View Jobs posted same day
Our client is one of the leading power solution provider in Nigeria employing over 1500 employees. With a wide operational base and branch network, which spreads across West Africa, the company has maintained a leading position in the generator sales and services sector in Nigeria. Due to expansion, the company now has an opening for Head of Finance to be based in Lagos
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong strategic and entrepreneurial skills, in terms of innovation and problem solving, strong team working, motivation of team members and commitment.
- Manage the overall day to day operation of the finance, treasury, statutory and tax, payroll, fixed asset management and accounts payable functions.
- Responsible for the successful achievement of all job requirements delivered to required timelines, budget and of the highest quality.
- To provide a commercial and financial reporting service to the local organization, ensuring that reliable category, overhead and balance sheet information is produced, evaluated and communicated to facilitate planning and control and enable decision making.
- Ensure compliance with all current direct and indirect tax legislation through systems evaluation, review, implementation, monitoring and liaison with external advisors.
- To effectively manage the treasury function of the company and the administration of the companys bank accounts, all the while ensuring adherence to the global treasury policy, minimizing currency exposure by ensuring that forward cover is taken out timely and adequately while maximizing return on investment.
- Act as a liaison between the company and the external audit team at interim and final audits.
- Ensure that client deliverables are communicated internally and co-ordinate the collections of this information for presentation to the external audit team.
- To continually develop and maintain the accounting systems and of the local business in order to ensure availability, completeness, accuracy and validity of information upon which management will base their decisions.
- This will include reviewing current procedures and developing new procedures to ensure compliance with company policy, thereby ensuring effective internal controls.
- Develop and motivate subordinates, ensuring that they operate in line with the core values and vision of the business.
- Management and control of the treasury function in line with the global policy
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements pertaining to financial statement reporting.
- Preparation and submission of all relevant forms required by local revenue authorities, including Income tax returns, VAT, provisional taxes, STC, Ad Valorem, etc
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA)
- The candidate would have a Post qualification experience of at least 5 years.
- Experience in FMCG industry is not mandatory but will be to the candidates advantage.
- Strong track record of Financial management and delivery is critical
- Flexibility in thinking and pragmatic problem solving skills
- Energetic with excellent interpersonal & leadership skills, able to influence people of all levels
- Ability to review and identify issues and opportunities in business processes
- Credible commercial and business awareness
- Be able to cope under continues pressure and to deliver upon tight reporting deadline
- Exposure/working knowledge of ERP systems, Hyperion and Microsoft office (Advanced level).
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Business Development Manager at a Water Engineering and Renewable Energy Company - Simeons Pivot Resources
- Supply Chain Coordinator at Aggreko Nigeria
- Sales Engineer at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited
- Latest Jobs at an Engineering and Power Company - Willers Solutions
- Production Manager at TRANOS
- Learning and Development Officer at Machineyard.com.ng
- Logistics Assistant at Bosch
- Cloud Architect I at TRC Companies, Incorporated