The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
The Resource Mobilization and External Finance Department (FRMB) is responsible for the strategic resource mobilization and the leveraging of the financial resources and instruments of the African Development Bank Group. The department’s role is to increase the pool and types of funding available to the Bank’s Regional Member Countries, particularly for transformative projects in line with the Bank’s Ten-year strategy.
FRMB.1 is responsible for fund raising initiatives and partnerships with sovereign entities, including the replenishment of the African Development Fund (ADF) and technical cooperation with legacy bilateral donors. It also coordinates the Country Policy and Institutional Assessment (CPIA), the allocation process of ADF resources among beneficiary countries (PBA), and monitors their use in accordance with the relevant ADF policies and guidelines.
In this regard, this Senior Resource Mobilization Officer position is a technical one. The officer will assist with business analysis, economic and financial modeling, and the design, programming, implementation and supervision of information systems of the division’s core data on the ADF, CPIA and PBA.
- Play a key role in the annual assessments of the Bank’s Country Policy and Institutional Assessment (CPIA) and all related processes, in particular, take key responsibility in the designing, maintaining, developing, and otherwise, fine-tuning the various CPIA data that provides governments, researchers, civil society organizations and individuals a quick access to the historical performance of the Bank’s CPIA scores and ratings;
- Contribute to the monitoring and reporting on the utilization of the different ADF resource envelopes, in collaboration with the other relevant departments via specialized data mining, programming and analysis;
- Play key role in the organization and coordination of the ADF replenishment and mid-term review processes, including the management of all related data necessary for the effective maintenance of relationships with ADF Deputies, as well as contributing to discussions, papers, presentations on the ADF’s financial and related issues (e.g., the long-term financial sustainability and capacity of the ADF, alternative sources of funding, innovative instruments, etc.);
- Provide internal stakeholders with regular data of development partner funding priorities to strengthen target fundraising and facilitate the coordination and collaboration between Bank Group business units ;
- Help coordinate resource mobilization through co-financing, trust funds, special initiatives and any other innovative partnership mechanisms; while also promoting data-driven utilization mobilized resources by user Departments, monitoring their disbursement, and preparing progress reports/financial reports to the respective Donors;
- Contribute to the development of data-driven strategic options for positioning the Bank Group in the global aid architecture;
- Contribute and/or participate in the organization of regular internal and external outreach events for the benefit of staff, clients and other stakeholders, to explain the activities of the different financing windows and key drivers of the allocation system;
- Contribute to the organization of business development and strategic initiatives consultations and meetings with key sovereign partners; and effectively monitor the implementation progress of any existing or new partnership agreements formalized with those partners;
- Assist in the organization of high-level partnerships events and forums, including the annual AfDB Partnership Forum, involving the Board Members, Senior Management and traditional and emerging partners globally;
- Help organize and lead key Multilateral Development Bank (MDB) meetings and working groups of important donors and international meetings, as required; and
- Contribute to the effective collaboration with other departments and complexes.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in statistics, business intelligence and/or computer science (added advantage if qualifications combine two or more of these disciplines).
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience including in project development and implementation preferably across public, private and/or non-profit sectors along with established operational track record in achieving results; (fundraising with international, public and private sector a major plus);
- Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem solving skills including familiarity with financial modeling techniques; solid knowledge of advanced statistical concepts and techniques;
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and managing the implementation of dynamic business Intelligence-oriented IT projects, in particular, information systems, data dashboards, statistical databases, to support decision-makers
- Proven ability to take initiative, innovate, adapt and make smart decisions; to create, apply, and share knowledge; to share expertise and learning; to develop self and others; to expand networks; to collaborate within teams and across boundaries; to be inclusive and exhibit good corporate citizenship.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French (with a working-knowledge of the other language) including the ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues into effective written and oral briefs;
- Ability to apply a practical approach to problem solving, produce high quality work outputs, effectively prioritize, and adapt skills at times to competing and unexpected demands;
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and diplomatic skills as well as a high degree of discretion and tact necessary to effectively maintain good relationships with partner countries and the Bank shareholders;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software environments (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP).
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale