Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
The HRBP role includes, Talent Management, Learning &Development, Performance Management and Organisation Development. Duties include,leading the leadership in development and engagement on talent processes and tools, Leads thinking and implementation of OD changes in functional area , etc
Duties & Responsibilities
-Accountable for talent management for their business area
-Interrogates the departmental/functional strategy, and determines resource and talent requirements to deliver the strategy
-Leads and co-ordinates regular talent reviews including Functional resource committees (FRCs) within their business area ensuring data and information from other critical processes, such as IDPs and feedback, is considered
-Accountable for building reliable internal talent pools that is able to meet current and future needs
Learning and Development
-Develops and lead the implementation of their function’s L&D plans that is fully aligned to present and future performance needs and which ensures that the business has the capabilities available when needed
-Facilitates internal learning events and workshops as required
-Talent broker for their functional area- leads conversation on talent moves and development
-Accountable for all L&D interventions and implementation of business unit development plans
-Deliver and embed global learning interventions in functional area to ensure business impact is maximized
-Coaches managers to manage performance and have open and honest performance conversations and in using appropriate tools, eg PIPs
-Calibrates performance of all employees within own business area
-Embed the Lafarge appraisal process
-Makes OD decisions that drive commercial success and agility in own business area
-Capable of deploying a range of OD tools, including the Change and Project Management Framework and team diagnostics.
Essential & Desirable Skills
1. Consulting/Leadership skills: building trust and rapport through questioning and listening skills, building collaborative relationships, challenging current thinking, motivates and leads others towards the achievement of the goals and objectives
2. Drive Performance: Holds self and others accountable for the achievement of performance expectations. Creates an environment that enables others to perform at their best.
3. Influencing/Relationship skills: able to gain the required commitment, consensus and support from a wide range of stakeholders to drive business performance. Communicates in a positive manner that motivates others
4. Good understanding of HR policies and procedures
5. Working knowledge of the Nigerian labor laws, regulation and practices
6. Preferably graduate, any discipline
7. Minimum of 6 years post-graduation work experience
8. With some experience in a large, international, industrial organization
9. Membership of relevant professional bodies such as the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management
10. Good knowledge of industrial Relations is an advantage
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.