If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
At MainOne, great ideas and thoughts find a way of becoming great products, services that turn to great customer experiences. We are perfectionists, idealists and pioneers of great products and services forever thinking of better.
We have corporate offices from Nigeria to Ghana to Portugal. International and home opportunities are available.MainOne is a family. Join in and be a part of the change and the future that will bring about new ways the continent works and connects.
- Facility Maintenance / Operations Technicianwill be responsible for the functions pertaining to facility management/maintenance of Main One PoPs and Third party PoPs facilities. Candidate should have in-depth experience in the design review, construction, operation, and maintenance of facility systems and equipment which includes but not limited to Rectifiers, Inverters, HVAC system, Generators, Diesel supply, fire suppression systems, biometric access control system, UPS.
- To perform 1st line troubleshooting of faults relating to generators and other system within our PoP facilities.
- To ensure availability of power and adequate diesel supply and replenishment strategy for smooth and uninterrupted operations of all MainOne PoPs.
- Ability to provision power and other AC/DC equipment within the agreed timeline.
- Plan and supervise upgrades/expansion of the infrastructure at our existing PoP Facilities as required to meet new business requirements.
- Monitors and supervise vendors/contractors working to ensure work is done within the timeline and according to MainOne’s technical specifications.
- Ensure all routine maintenance activities on all our system in PoP Facilities are done as at when due.
- Carry out regular audit of PoP facilities to determine items that are due for replacement or repair and initiate appropriate action.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for all Third party facilities related issues (emergencies and repairs) and ensure the appropriate actions or resources is deployed to resolve any issue identified.
- Take overall ownership for the upkeep of all facilities (both Main One and Third party PoPs) as well as act as Service Coordinator and Third Party engagement management.
- Prepare accurate reports covering operations and maintenance activities and other project related activities.
- Ensuring that safety, health and environmental standards at work are strictly adhered to.
- The work entails to work on shift basis.
- Undertake any other adhoc task as assigned by your line manager.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- City and Guilds / HND in Engineering with 3 + years relevant experience in a similar role preferably in the telecom industry.
- 3+ year’s telecom facility operations & maintenance experience
- Competency in MS Office package, Visio or AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in working with AC and DC power systems.
- Excellent people skills and communication (written and verbal) skill
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Leadership & self-management skills
- Good interpersonal relationships
- Contract/vendor management skills
- Facilities management
- Project management
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Demand on the job
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to deal with stress
- Willingness to take initiative and resolve problem.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to be spontaneous and handle last minute tasks
- Ability to work well independently within a fast paced, dynamic, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.