Job in a Professional and Consumer Technology Brands via BullHorn Reach
Posted on: 28 April, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Bullhorn Reach
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client represents some of the world’s premier professional and consumer technology brands in Sub-Saharan Africa. At the core of their business is the Apple brand and products. The company is committed to progressively increasing their presence in Nigeria and working with the mobile network partners in-country, expanding the retail channel, as well as expanding the business into major corporates and multi-nationals. They now have an opening for Business Development Director - Nigeria to be based in Lagos, Nigeria
- This role requires a senior individual with a proven track record and high level business development experience, dealing with the mobile network operators, major corporates, multi-nationals and retailers in Nigeria
- The successful candidate should be able to make an immediate impact based on their knowledge and experience in the Nigerian market.
- The focus of the role is to significantly expand the company’s footprint in these markets through a proven track record of solution selling at an Executive decision making level.
- The successful candidate will be overall accountable for building partnerships, business development and driving sales within these markets to achieve specific sales targets.
- The successful candidate should be hands-on, energetic and able to work as part of a cross functional team, towards the successful achievement of aggressive growth objectives.
- Build the business through high level engagement with the mobile network partners in Country by establishing, building and maintaining relationships at the highest level and building our presence in their Stores.
- Engage at executive decision making level with high potential major corporates, multi nationals and retail channel partners, to drive the growth of devices and all Apple products within these sectors.
- Firmly establish footprint in key markets through relationship building and partnering with key decision makers to maximize their quarterly and long terms business plans aligned to mutual forecasted growth objectives.
- Overall maximisation of Apple value/volume growth in a sustainable and profitable way by increasing penetration of market in Nigeria including identifying opportunities to grow Apple unit sales, overall revenue and profitability
- Achieve targeted sales of devices and Apple products and services in Nigeria.
- Provide ongoing input into the sales and business development strategy for Nigeria
- Ensuring that the highest standards of customer engagement and service are met
- Taking customer experience and service delivery in these markets to a new level.
- Demonstrate a hands-on and interactive approach to customers with a focus on developing long-term relationships.
- Implement a strategy for service and support in Country and identify and establish an independent Service Provider.
- Develop and implement a quarterly marketing plan together with other senior management and make appropriate recommendations for marketing and promotional initiatives, events and activities aligned to the needs of the mobile network operators, major corporates, multi-nationals and retail channel.
- Evaluate and give feedback in terms of return on investment (ROI) as well as the Sales and Marketing plan.
- Act as the spokesperson in the territory for the company.
- Ensure correct mix and volume of stock, stock planning and optimization and liaise with Head Office in this regard.
- Oversee stock items and assets within area of responsibility
- Ongoing development of company’s supply chain and the relevant partners and ongoing interface with both.
- As the need arises, proactively recruit high potential Sales people to grow the footprint in Nigeria.
Qualifications and Experience
- Significant high level Sales and Business Development experience with mobile network operators, major corporates, multi-national and retail channels, dealing with C level executives and decision makers
- Proven track record of operating effectively within a senior sales/business development environment which is strongly target driven
- Sound business acumen and commercial skills
- Proven track record of doing business in Nigeria
- Be familiar with legislation guiding business dealings in Nigeria
- Degree in related field
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- Must have schooled in a foreign university (either at undergraduate or postgraduate level)
The Successful Candidate will:
- Display a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Be flexible and capable of operating effectively within Nigeria
- Be able to operate independently with limited infrastructure and thrive on the challenge
- Have personal executive stature and presence
- Be commercially astute and street-wise
- Have a sound personal value system with a track record confirming this
- Be able to work cooperatively with HQ based in South Africa and keep clear communication channels open and transparent
- Business development and sales driven with a passion for customer service excellence
- An excellent networker
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bullhorn ReachSimilar Jobs
- CFO at Oscar Temple
- Sales & Marketing Manager at Chips, Bits & Bytes Limited
- Business Development Executives at Protaxi
- Jobs at Proxynet Communications
- UI/UX Designer at Imagine Concepts Limited
- Manager, SME Sales at Ntel Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at Airtel Nigeria
- Information Technology Roles at erpSOFTapp