CcHUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
Creativity Meets Technical Know How for this Web Developer and Designer! On the creative side, you will help to generate original, visually engaging online graphics that strategically support our Marketing goals. On the technical end, you will build Web templates, implement traditional and mobile landing pages, support online optimization, debugging and break/fix projects, all while leveraging the latest online technologies.
The Web Development & Graphic Specialist supports the systems that drive the company’s corporate and ancillary websites, blogs, mobile sites and e-marketing initiatives. This technical professional will also support campaigns involving online lead generation and buyer/customer experience projects, as well as maintain the daily activities required to ensure the seamless integration of Our website. He/She will need a good understanding of print and online graphic design, layout and file management.
The ideal candidate will have a BS, BA in Computer Science, Information Systems or Web Development, and 3+years relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with the Web Development and Graphic Design Team Members to implement portions of site in keeping with an established creative direction.
- Troubleshoot and implement fix activities for web properties with minimal supervision.
- Maintain knowledge of design trends and assist with implementation of design innovations.
- Ensure compliance with Web standards, accessibility and security requirements.
- Test sites for cross-browser and multi-device capability.
- Utilize responsive design and UX design principles.
- Proof content in desktop, tablet and mobile forms for accessibility and design standards.
- Support email campaigns by creating and managing traditional and mobile landing pages.
- Research and recommend plugin solutions to meet program needs.
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience with Web development or online marketing systems management.
Specific Requirements, Skills & Education:
- WordPress experience preferred; general CMS templating and management required.
- Good understanding of PHP especially in the context of CMS.
- Proficiency in HTML.
- Strong understanding of CSS (classes, inline styles)
- Solid understanding of Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager and familiarity with Google Analytics required.
- Knowledge of Web standards and accessibility.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite; preference given to Photoshop/Illustrator/Fireworks/After Effects skills-set.
- Experience with online banner and Ad creation.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite; preference given to strong experience with Outlook, Excel and PPT (Design of corporate templates, re-formatting of content and layouts, animations/annotations).
- Familiarity with CRM and Marketing Automation tools; preference given to Salesforce.com and Pardot experience.
- Seasoned understanding of graphic creation, sizing and conversion; preference given to experience with color correction, typography, specs documentation and project management.
- Print Ad design, layout and vendor management preferred.
- Strong proofing skills – Detail-oriented is a MUST!
- Self-organized. You’ll be a part of a self-organizing team. You should naturally get a lot of high quality work done to completion without outside pressure.
- A Doer. You need to be capable of identifying and resolving obstacles, using strong reasoning skills and creative thinking to get things done. You need to have a strong attention to detail, a drive for quality, and a willingness to see things through to completion.
- Flexible and Customer-Centric. You need to be able to work in an environment in which there is substantial ambiguity; things change rapidly and often, and you need to adapt to new ways of thinking and be extremely customer-centric, no matter what department your project supports.
- Self-Aware. You need to be able to see yourself and your own behaviors from the perspective of others – and understand how your behaviors affect those of your peers on your self-organizing team.
- Driven to Improve. You need to have a strong desire to be better tomorrow than you are today. You are constantly seeking ways to improve your own work. You’re passionate about your discipline.
- A Solid Communicator. You need to be able to take input from many sources, think through that information, and present concise, clear recommendations to technical and non-technical people.
Method of Application
Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale