Fosad Consulting Ltd is a business support services firm with offerings in Human Resource Management, Immigrations and Real Estate Consulting. We leverage our expertise and strategic alliances to support businesses. Our proposition is based on a deep understanding of the drivers of high performing businesses and the required business solutions that supports it. We work with clients to support their non-core business tasks to strategically position them for business success.
Our client with strong investment in the Real Estate sector is looking to engage the services of an experienced, professional and intelligent individual for the post of a Deputy General Manager who would amongst other things be responsible for Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Coordinating and Controlling of all the organisations engagements. She/he will work directly with the General Manager with the aim of creating value, maximising growth or improving the business performance of the organisation and its clients.
The Deputy General Manager (DGM) will assist the General Manager in executing the day-to-day activities in support of the strategic planning initiatives to ensure a productive and profitable operation, while helping to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and store visual presentation throughout the operation. Creating value, maximising growth or improving the business performance of the organisation and its clients. Ensuring hitch free internal and external customer experience.
The DGM will report to the following;
- Department/Division/ Unit: Operations
- Functionally Reports To: General Manager Roofing Department
- Administratively Reports To: Managing Director
• Assist the General Manager in maximizing sales and profits by meeting and exceeding sales targets and budgets while minimizing shrink.
• Assists the General Manager in recruiting and developing quality staff at all levels. Provides input to location succession planning.
• Provides leadership, effective management and training for staff.
• Ensures communications from home office and the General Manager is delivered to all staff levels.
• Ensures full adherence to all company policies and procedures.
• Implements and enforces controls that protect the company’s assets from internal and external shrink.
• Ensures over-all coaching and supervision is delivered consistently to ensure excellent customer service.
• Be responsible to secure effective management of the projects.
• Act as a navigator and a visionary to build and lead a team of dynamic and innovative professionals.
Completes on a timely basis all administrative work as assigned by the General Manager, (i.e. scheduling, back office administration).
• Performs daily/ weekly operational audits.
• Ensures adherence to all promotional programs and reports deficiencies in compliance to the General Manager.
• Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and visual merchandising skills
• Performs daily inspections in stores to ensure company standards in visual presentation, stock replenishment and housekeeping are maintained.
• Fulfils all responsibilities of General Manager in his/her absence including responsiveness to landlord and home office requests.
• Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
• Create and establish distribution lines and agents all over S/Western Nigeria
• Carryout market intelligence survey in Lagos and the South west/east/south region weekly and present same to the GM & MD weekly
• Perform other related duties as required by the office of the Managing director
• Consults and helps plan daily activities with General Manager; manages the activities of supervisors and staff.
• Provides supervision, guidance and support to store staff.
• Works with on-site jobbers and sales representatives.
• Communicates with home office personnel.
• Minimum of B.Sc. Architecture,Quantity Surveying, Building construction/Engineering,Construction Management, project management, Business management/ administration or related field
• Professional qualification recognized but not mandatory
• 5 - 7 years’ experience in the residential/commercial roofing industry
• 3 Years experience in a Managerial role
• Demonstrated success in project management and team execution
• Civil experience managing multiple projects
• Excellent communications skills in oral & written English
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with diverse personalities
• Strategic Management skills (Planning, Financial, Analysis, Business development) are required
• Strong team-building and managerial skills
• Good computer skills
• International mindset. Having basic understanding in international agreements and business partnership principles
• Business-oriented mindset. Strong judgment and strategic thinking. Mental agility with ability to focus on key issues quickly and incisively
• Ability in project management and in developing project plans, coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress, complete projects in time and budget, manage project team activities.
• Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles Project co-ordination experience
• Independent judgment
• Technical knowledge of the specific area of assignment and of overall company activities
• High learning ability
• Team Spirit
• Proactiveness and foresightedness
• Manage and prioritise time
• Plan and Organize and schedule work
• Listen actively
• Give clear information
• Get unbiased information
• Maintain accurate records
• Identify and Solve Problems
• Make decisions and weigh risk
• Think clearly and analytically
• Excellent communication skills
• Friendly and approachable
• Highly attentive to detail
• Ability to multi –task
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Adaptive to change
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.