Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Advocacy Manager will be responsible for expanding, coordinating and improving ACF’s advocacy and communication work for tackling under-nutrition at Federal and State levels, Explore the States contexts to develop, refine and execute the advocacy strategy employing different communication tools to ensure the inclusion of nutrition on the political and development agenda; Develop and communicate advocacy messages targeted to various stakeholder groups and especially decision makers at States level (and secondary at Federal) using evidence from ACF’s programme experience and the work of other key nutrition stakeholders. As well as disseminate updates on new developments in nutrition advocacy, government policies, regional and international events, etc.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• To contribute to the development of the advocacy strategy.
• Implement the advocacy strategy at the Federal and states level
• Representation in advocacy fora
• Capacity building and repository of information.
Qualifications; Essential Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, communication and media
• Master’s degree is desirable.
• Minimum 5 years in the humanitarian/development sector
• Minimum 2 years of humanitarian experience in advocacy position
• Experience witsh ACF is desirable
• Excellent planning skills and Proven ability to learn and adapt
• Outstanding writing and communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and management skills
• Training and capacity building skills; Good analytical and presentation skills.
• Credibility to lobby, network, influence and represent ACF Nigeria at all levels.
• Must be disciplined and able to work autonomously and arrive at decisions and conclusions with minimal guidance.
• Knowledge and practical experience of general humanitarian standards and principles such as Sphere Standards, HAP, and the Red Cross Code of Conduct, Do No Harm and conflict sensitivity.
• Up to date knowledge of the humanitarian discourse around key concepts such as devolution, resilience, LRRD
• Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines/procedures
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Package
• Good understanding of all three ACF’s technical sectors is desirable
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday, 3rd May, 2015 will not be considered.