The Africa unit of the Public Integrity and Openness (PIO) Department of GGP seeks to recruit a highly organized, energized and experienced professional, capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fragile, post conflict and capacity constrained environment to serve as the Country Office Senior Procurement Specialist. This position is geared to assisting the World Bank staff, Liberia Govemment and other agencies in implementing World Bank-financed programs by providing critical procurement advice and support. The ideal candidate would combine a deep understanding of project procurement in different sectors with a considerable knowledge of the budget execution issues in Liberia.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will:
- Help implement and further develop GGODR activities in Liberia with regard to Public Procurement;
- Work across countries/sectors; be responsible for reviewing and handling the technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement at all stages of the project cycle, including analysis of systemic and otller.procurement Issues, procuremenl planmng, design, Imp ementation and management and training.
- Provide operational advice to clients and Bank staff on concepts, policies and procedures for international and local procurement:
- Participate in the country's procurement assessment, prepare background analysis, collaborate on developing appropriate public procurement legislation and practices and tailor instrument to meet specific client needs:
- Negotiate and resolve difficutt procurement issues with Borrower agencies and handle guest ions/complaints from senior officials and contractors on bidding and award issues;
- MAIMS (An advanced degree with a major in relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Law, Procurement, Finance, Business or Commerce).
- 8 years state-of- the-art knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices which govern international procurement, the contracting of consultants services, technical speoftcatlons in design, engineering and construction of facilities, the development of public procurement policies. etc.
- Seasoned knowledge and specialized command of all major facets of Bank procurement policies and practices as applied across a wide range of Bank lending operational at all phases of the project cycle, and ability to address broader issues at sector/country level;
- In-depth understanding of Bank operational policies and practices related to projects/sector work:
- Knowledge of developing country conditions generally and of procurement-related legislation, systems and practices;
- Good understanding of critical linkages and relationships among clients' business drivers, business operations and objectives and Procurement processes;
Method of Application
For the full position description and complete selection criteria and required competencies, qualified candidates are requested to submit an on-line application at www.worldbank.org/careers
Click on > Current job openings > Job Type > Professional & Technical > Job Family > Procurement > Job # 150797
The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality. culture and educational background. Individuals with
disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Closing date for receipt of applications is May 14, 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale