A leading player in the financial services industry with several subsidiaries requires the services of Chief Operating Officer for its
finance and asset management company in Lagos.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will have responsibility to establish the company as a leading provider of innovative investment management and financial intermediation products, returning maximum profit commensurate with the best interest of shareholders, customers, employees and the public.
Specifically, the COO will:
- Provide effective leadership and guidance in business development for money market products and credit, developing
- compelling sales and marketing strategies to ensure continuing growth in business volumes in accordance with budget
- Provide leadership and direction for the back-office functions: operations, finance, compliance and technolo gy.
- He/she will also be primarily responsible for successful execution of all special projects of the firm .
- Manage the products distribution infrastructure of the company
- Coordinate, direct and control an efficient and effective operations management system to ensure consistent delivery of product promises.
- Have supervisory review responsibilities, ensure operational efficiency of credit administration processes, and responsibility for the performance of the credit portfolio .
- Direct the recovery of past due credits, direct strategic interventions such as facility restructuring and put in place sound
- practices to minimize the occurrence of non-performing accounts.
- Ensure full compliance with all regulatory and corporate policies and regulations.
- Contribute to the business development strateqies of the firm.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors degree or its equivalent in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other quantitative discipline
- A Masters degree or/and professional certification will confer additional advantage
- 10-15 years experience in a bank or non-bank financial institution; minimum of 5 of those years must be at senior management level
- Extensive knowledge of banking operations and marketing, treasury and credit administration
- Proven track record of success in initiating/creating revenue generating business and marketing activities
- Strong business and relationship management abilities
- Good ethical business orientation
- Extensive experience in resource management
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical manager as well as a strategic thinker
Method of Application
Remuneration: Competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience. If you meet the requirements, please send your curriculum vitae within two weeks of this publication to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position title as subject of the mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through their email and/or SMS to the telephone number provided.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.