Jobs at United Nations Development Programme - UNDP
Posted on: 31 January, 2012
Deadline: 13 February, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNDP
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
• Prepare correspondences to UNDP Abuja and the Observers’ Coordinator in Yaoundé concerning the staff management, as well as financial matters, general services and IT.
• Assume the strategic management of operations /general services.
• Manage the petty cash and the cask book, prepare the request of quarterly advance of funds and prepare the quarterly financial report.
• Manage the car of the office (insurance, temporary admission, ordering and use of fuel, verification of mileage form and other board books, maintenance).
• In charge of transit matters and prepare appropriate correspondences to UNDP Abuja.
• Follow up on the procurement process in the acquisition of additional equipments required for the office to UNDP Abuja attention.
• Manage the office supplies and equipments.
• Organize, upon the hierarchy’s instructions, the staff meetings, attend them and write the minutes.
• Participate in protocol activities: welcome arriving, send off departing, hotel bookings, and confirming traveling tickets.
• Participate in the management of the building (electricity, water and telephone bills).
• Supervise activities concerning the maintenance of the office, security and transport.
• Organize audiences, and working programs of the observers upon request.
• Receive incoming letters, registering, sorting and dispatching out going correspondences.
• Updating and following up the filling of archives.
• Prepare the documents and engage appropriate steps so as to welcome the Mixed Commission staff or other UN staff during their missions abroad.
• Elaborate and record a telephone list useful for the running of the office.
• Participate and coordinate the preparation of local contracts for vehicle and equipments maintenance to UNDP Abuja attention.
• Verify authorizations and contracts’ validity before sending the mail to the Observers’ Coordinator in Yaoundé.
• Follow up the maintenance of the vehicle, copier, computers, telephone lines and Internet.
• Plan and control the movements of staff in order to establish the monthly attendances record.
• Prepare the reimbursement requests for F10 and other payments to UNOWA.
• Prepare and follow up the inventory of the office equipments.
• Prepare quarterly reports for non expendable equipment.
• Responsible for fuel management.
• Accomplish any task in case of need within the limit of capacity.
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
2. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the unit (DRR’s office/operations unit/ administrative unit), focusing on achievement of the following results:
Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
Translation of simple correspondences, when needed.
3. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions
Performance of a Buyer role in Atlas and preparation of POs for travel activities.
Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation. Preparation of POs.
Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services.
Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
Extraction of data from various sources.
Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
4. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
5. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
Uses information/databases/other management systems
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
Creating synergies through self-control
Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Informed and transparent decision making
UNDP Procurement Certification programme
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable.
Experience: 5 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Mission Support and Administrative Assistant, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
• Provision of reliable and secure driving services Operation of vehicle on official and approved non-official duties in a safe and organized manner
• Perform vehicle daily inspection and record vehicle daily log sheet and trip tickets
• Record daily fuel refills, consumption and record maintenance of vehicle history report
• Record fuel consumption and verification of mileage form
• Ensure a clean vehicle and in good condition.
• Ensure availability of all documents including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, First Aid kit and necessary Spare parts
• Report immediately any defects/accidents of the vehicle
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
2. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
5. Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Fluency in the language of the duty station, knowledge of
The UN language of the duty station.
Method of Application
To apply log on to http://www.ng.undp.org/jobs.shtml before 13th February, 2012
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNDPSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at PACT Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at VSO
- Job Openings at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at the Association Of Positive Youth Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria
- Job Openings at UN Women
- Job Opportunity at i+ consortium
- Job Opening at Mercy Corps
- Job Vacancy at Creative Associates International