An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for assisting with all facets of the day-to-day procurement requirements for a busy international development office. The scope of the position includes but is not limited to completing procurement-related paperwork, collecting quotations for goods and services, entering procurement information into the project database, managing inventory and conducting spot checks, completing inventory receipts and preparing payment requests. This position will be based in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Procurement Specialist reports to the Procurement Director.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Apply procurement and cost-competition principles and bids received for goods and services.
- Ensure appropriate procurement actions and checks and balances for all procurement –related functions
- In coordination with the Procurement Officer and Procurement Director, procure goods and services for program and operational functions.
- Maintain and ensure compliance to developed procurement systems
- Supply goods and services to project sites in compliance with project requirements
- Ensure up-to-date and complete procurement files for all vendors for both operational and procurement supplies
- In coordination with the Procurement Officer and Procurement Director, ensure that all goods and service procurement actions conform to internationally accepted procurement best practices and Nigerian law
- Assist in regular procurement system audits and regularly review and verify market prices for standard items
- Assist Finance staff with the budget reviews and monitoring against expenditures
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree is required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in procurement/logistics including contracts and service agreements
- Thorough knowledge of internationally accepted procurement best practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff and vendors is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents before 8th May, 2015:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
Please reference the job title on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
To the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.