IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
Background and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing business rules, maintaining documentation of data, reporting protocols, and assisting in the development and implementation of best practices for the management of YIIFSWA database.
- This will include the assurance of database policies and procedures, data integrity, data extraction, report customization and analysis, as well as support to staff with the use of YIIFSWA database.
The tasks of the Database Manager will include the following:
- Compile and consolidate all data from YIIFSWA staff and partners;
- Design and maintain the overall integrity and quality of YIIFSWA database, including regular data improvement and cleaning, enforcement of database business processes and management of code values, business rules and other set-up functions of the database;
- Optimize the use of the database by staying current on upcoming enhancements to functionality and guiding staff in the appropriate use of the existing functionality;
- Participate in a cross-unit technology team. Standardize data entries, data exports and development of reports to meet the needs of the project;Design, develop and maintain applications and ensure that the interface to databases is as user friendly as possible and processes are streamlined;
- Provide support and training in use of the application, including orientation for YIIFSWA staff and specialized training in response to changing roles, business processes and database functionality;
- Provide technical assistance to users and troubleshoot and resolve application and database related challenges;
- Work with YIIFSWA staff to gather report requirements through participation in the reporting team responsible for the creation, documentation and support of YIIFSWA's reports;
- Develop and maintain reports using Microsoft Reporting Services and other available reporting tools;
- Develop and maintain queries and reports for project events.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate should have an MSc in Computer Science, Statistics or related fields from a reputable university.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
To proceed with application, click here