Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do - believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services - from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Ref: 2015-26
Job Type: Full-time
Pathfinder International through the Evidence to Action for Strengthened Family Planning and Reproductive Health services for women and girls (E2A) project in partnership with the Saving Mothers, Giving Life initiative (SMGL) will implement an innovative integrated Maternal Newborn Health project in Cross River State, Nigeria building on the USAID Nigeria funded integrated PMTCT project.
The project model consists of a suite of evidence-based MNH interventions tailored to the epidemiologic realities of the selected state/LGA and intends to address the three delays to women’s access to life-saving care, with a special focus on the time of labor, delivery and the first 48 hour postpartum.
- The Monitoring, Evaluation Officer will be responsible for developing the capacity of partners and State team members to collect, analyze report and use information on project using the organizational Management Information System (MIS).
- The M & E officer will assist in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation of project activities and knowledge management across the State.
- Coordinating and assisting project team in the development, management and implementing of monitoring and evaluation plan(s) for the project;
- Develop and maintain MIS system to capture analyze and report on the project indicators;
- Train team members, health staff and partners at all levels in completion, analysis, reporting and utilization of information collected for operational and strategic needs of the project;
- Monitor the implementation of project specific M&E activities ensuring compliance with set standards, checking and correcting the quality of systems and data, and providing on-the- job problem-solving and training to correct the quality performance gaps;
- Train and monitor field coordinators in the use of data for management decision-making; enable result based management;
- Summarize, analyze and interpret data collected from partners, project and field offices for monitoring project activities;
- Assist the state program managers to prepare quarterly, annual and semi - annual, plans and reports to donor and stake holders in accordance with specified timelines;
- Promotes information and knowledge sharing across project sites and partners;
- Travels extensively across all project sites in the State to fulfil responsibilities;
- Perform other duties as required by the SPM and the SA (MERL).
- A Bachelor's Degree in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluation tasks for health and/or development projects.
- Familiarity with USAID/international indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of reproductive health/family planning, maternal and neonatal health and other relevant technical areas.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and ACCESS, and a statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work with various constituencies' especially relevant government partners, USAID/PEPFAR, and other implementing partners.
- Good oral and /written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical material to both expert and lay audiences.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English in addition to one local language required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should clickhere to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale