The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of one (1) NSTOP Program Coordinator for the National Stop Transmission of Poliomyelitis (NSTOP) program.
The primary role of this position is to coordinate the NSTOP program. In this regard, the incumbent will be responsible for providing strong technical leadership in polio eradication and routine immunization strategies, mentoring and capacity building of NSTOP participants in polio eradication activities (such as acute flaccid paralysis surveillance, disease outbreak investigation and response, supplemental immunization activities, routine immunization, data analysis, technical report writing), field communication, and interaction/communication with govemment, bi-lateral and multi-lateral partners. NSTOP is an inter-agency partnership with the Federal Ministry of Health, the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and theAFENET.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that NSTOP participants are equipped with the knowledge, skills, capacity, and support required to effectively fulfill the goals and objectives of their field deployments for polio eradication activities. As such, the following duties will apply:
- Manage operation, staffing. and implementation of the NSTOP program
- With CDC develop the strategic goals and annual work plans for NSTOP
- With the STOP senior management team, ensure accountability and goal achievement with appropriate reporting for all NSTOP supported LGAs and States
- Participate in the design and conduct of training for NSTOP assignees
- Conduct bi-monthly supervisory and capacity building visits with each NSTOP assignee
- Monitor and evaluate field work of NSTOP assignees through routine phone and email communication and site visits in their state of assignment
- Provide logistic and technical support to NSTOP field assignees
- Foster inter-agency collaboration, partnership and communication on NSTOP and other polio and vaccine-preventable disease activities
- Provide regular updates to interagency team on key activities and outcomes of NSTOP assignees
- Represent the NSTOP program in meetings with govemment and partners
- Provide monthly report to CDC-GID Project Officer on summary of activities
- Prepare quarterly report for NSTOP inter-agency partnership
- Prepare ad hoc reports and presentations for meetings
- Assist with development and monitoring implementation of protocols prepared by NSTOP assignees
- Resource mobilization
- Support capacity building efforts through NFELTP
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR OTHER EXPERTISE REQUIRED
- Basic Education: MBBS, DVM or PhD degree is a requirement.
- Postgraduate degree at master's level in public health is a pre-requisite.
- Post-graduate training through a field epidemiology training program or the Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) will be an added advantage
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- The incumbent must have excellent leadership skills, with strong interpersonal and communication abilities to manage a large and diverse team. Extensive administrative and managerial experience with the polio eradication initiative (in a polio endemic country) is required.
- A track record of strengthening health systems in developing countries with at least 10 years experience in public health setting with 5 of the years at middle or top executive level.
- A track record of wining grants from multiple donors, coordinating and managing large public health programs with an emphasis in capacity building and health system strengthening and a bias in vaccine preventable diseases.
- A track record in delivering on program objectives (and documentation), demonstrated sound strategic leadership and effective operational and financial management skills is required.
- Job Knowledge: The incumbent must have strong technical knowledge and work experience in public health, epidemiology, routine immunization, supplemental immunization activities, disease outbreak investigation, data collection and management, and data analysis. In addition, the incumbent must have experience and knowledge of public health surveillance systems, adult mentoring, and leadership. Ability to manage resources effectively to achieve program objectives as well as resource mobilization skills is required for the position .
- Skills and Abilities: Incumbent is required to possess standard computer skills with experience in word processing and spreadsheets, Epi Info and other statistical analysis software (i.e. SAS, STATA, SPSS), as well as a good track record in scientific publication.
Method of Application
- Provide 2 professional referees.
- Submit your CV and application letter to email@example.com
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale