Smit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe, reliable and cost-effective integrated midstream marine services to the following on and offshore terminals: oil & gas; LNG, FLNG, FSRU; SPM; FPSO, FSO; and minerals export. We own, operate and manage a modern diverse fleet of approximately 200 vessels and are employing more than 2,500 staff & crew worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets and in challenging environments. We provide our vessels and related support services in over 30 countries to leading IOCs, major NOCs and other respected clients.
- Due to an internal transfer we have a job-opening for the position of Regional Commercial Manager for the Region Nigeria.
- The Regional Commercial Manager Nigeria is based in Lagos and leads a team of 3. The function reports hierarchical to the Regional Managing Director and functional to the Groups Business Development Director.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Identifying new business opportunities in line with Smit Lamnalco’s Business Strategy.
- Ensure that the regional Commercial/BD targets are met.
- Maintaining commercial relations with clients on existing contracts.
- Market and develop vessels, assets and services through close, direct and regular clients’ liaison with existing and potential clients and other local stakeholders.
- Ensure the Companies pre-qualification on the bid list of companies operating in the region who may require marine, oil/gas terminal or on- and offshore marine related services.
- Driving bid and contract negotiations while working closely and in consultation with Tendering and other subject matter experts during the bid process and providing commercial input for the bid.
- Analyze and watch market and client trends.
- Manage and negotiate claim disputes.
- Manage a team of 3.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Commercial preferably in a maritime related field.
- 8-12 years relevant experience within the marine services sector.
- Knowledge of and familiar with the Nigerian offshore market.
- Proven track record in the submission of winning bids.
- Excellent skills in building and maintaining business relations.
- Mature negotiator, persuasive personality, self-starter with strong analytical and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis.
- Fluent in English.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.