An International Development Organization is seeking qualified Nigerian nationals for the following positions:
Number of Positions: Three (3)
Job Locations: These positions will be based in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe State respectively
Project Duration: 4 years
Position Start Date: Immediately
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer designs, develops and implements monitoring and evaluation systems for small grants projects within assigned area. S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation. The incumbent carries out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs. This position will be based at one of the state offices (Adamawa, Borno and Yobe respectively), with extensive travel to project sites, and the head office in Abuja.
Reporting & Supervision:
The M&E Officer will report to the M&E Manager, based in Abuja.
- Coordinate weekly with M&E Manager to determine priority tasks. Ensure the state team is aware of all M&E tasks.
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase for each grant in assigned areas.
- With the M&E Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for all field-level projects.
- Produce written monitoring reports following field visits.
- Draft “final evaluation reports” (FER) after visiting a grant site for verification of indicators.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts for field projects.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with M&E Manager when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Serve as a point of contact for Grants Office when developing success stories and weekly reporting.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of projects; present findings to M&E Manager.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Secondary school certificate is required; University degree in applicable field is desired.
- Ability to perform required tasks at the job location.
- Two years’ experience in field monitoring, evaluation design, or information management design is required.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and one or more local languages of northeast Nigeria is required.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents by 5th May, 2015:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV and send to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please submit applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.