Simeons Pivot Resources - Our Client, a dynamic and fast growing Company who is the sole importer of ideal diet for all Dogs (Dog Food) and Dog Accessories situated at Lekki, requires the services of a competent and analytical individual with project management or Cost Accounting experience and can work effectively in budgeting, financial planning, and financial analysis among others. Hence, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Level: Managerial
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Managing Director
It includes but is not limited to the following:
- To ensure that project funds are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- To oversee and coordinate ongoing project costs with Project Managers and other personnel to ensure that all financial aspects of project execution are on track.
- Assist with management reporting, financial statement preparation and budgets.
- Prepare and review of monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
- Prepare and review cash flow projections
- Prepare and manage projects budget, monitor execution and deploy variance analysis.
- Monitors and documents the financial status of a company's projects and portfolios.
- Assist with the formation of new projects.
- Report on project profitability or the lack of it to management.
- Assist with supervision of Staff Accountants.
- Provide ongoing financial risk analysis and recommendations of risk management strategies.
- Takes responsibility for gathering information and setting up projects
- Reviews and analyzes the financial condition of each project on a monthly basis and advise the Project Manager, Financial Controller /Management as to any material variances.
- Reviews weekly financial reports and brings any significant issues to the attention of the Project Manager/Management.
- Prepare financial statements and reconciliations and review invoices to make sure the project is on budget before passing them along to the Project Manager for approval.
- To analyze and assess the costing, profitability, and performance of the organization in order to produce.
- To work closely with project managers to devise the budget, facilitate the billing process and perform cost assessments for a particular project or portfolio reports.
- Take part in the executive decision-making process, often providing financial analysis on which management may base decisions about product development and other matters.
- Identify key factors and financial indicators that must be considered when evaluating the current and long-term financial performance.
- Ensure financial guidelines are followed and best practices in financial management are maintained.
- HND/BSc in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- A master’s degree in accounting is an added advantage
- Professional qualification in Accounting (ACCA) IS A MUST
- Professional certificate such as Certified Management Accountant, Cost Accountant or a related certificate will be an advantage.
- Experience in project management, cost accounting, auditing and taxation, budgeting, financial planning and financial analysis IS A MUST.
- PMP or Prince 2 Certification or training will be an added advantage
- Experience: At least 5-7 years accounting experience of which 3-4years is in project management or cost accounting, auditing and taxation, budgeting, financial planning, and financial analysis.
Skills, Knowledge and Competency:
- Must be result oriented
- Proficient in Accounting Package including Project Management Software and MS Office Tools Application (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical ability (analyzed project expenditures, project profitability and any project cost allocations)
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Excellent Numeracy skills
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Must have strong investigative skills and attention to detail
- Having analytical skills to make sure that the project remains within budget.
- Demonstrated ability in cost analysis and project management
- Should have good financial/accounting skills and costing experience on projects.
- Must possess excellent leadership and management skills.
- Creative, self-motivated and passion for the work
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong ethical commitment to impartiality and transparency
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position applied for as subject title e.g Analytical Accountant
Note: If you are not qualified for this position please do not apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.