If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) - Application are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day
administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- By virtue of his position, the Bursar should be able to coordinate the development and upgrading of the University’s strategic plans and to ensure the development and update of the University’s financial management plans.
- The Bursar should be able to coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates and consolidation where necessary.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets among other schedules.
- The Bursar should provide the University Management with appropriate advice on all the institution’s financial transactions.
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership;
- Possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life.
- Be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- The candidate for the post of Bursar must not be more than sixty (60) years at the time of application
Qualification and Experience
- The applicant should possess a good first Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics from a recognized University, and must, in addition, be a member of any following Accounting Bodies: ICAN, ACCA or ANAN.
- The candidate must also have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar and must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
Remuneration and Condition of Service
- The salary and conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Bursar in Nigerian Universities and as determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
- The Bursar shall hold office for five (5) years and on such terms and conditions as specified in his/her letter of appointment and may be reappointed.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of their application forms accompanied by
fifteen (15) copies of the candidate’s most recent Curriculum Vitae which shall contain the following:
- Full names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Contact Address with e-mail address and telephone numbers
- Marital Status, number and ages of children
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (copies of credentials to be enclosed)
- Administrative and managerial experience
- Membership of professional bodies
All candidates must supply in their application forms, names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) referees who should be able to attest to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness.
The candidate should request their referees to forward references directly to the Registrar, Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT).
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked at the upper left hand corner as “Post of Bursar, ESUT” to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT),
Note: Applications not received by 3.00pm on the last day shall be declared void.,