A Nigerian NGO based in Abuja working in the area-of strategic communication support at all levels in the development sector in Nigeria and beyond, is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following posts:
To manage and oversee the business development aspect of the organization including marketing and public relations functions:
- Proposal preparation. including strategic thinking. writing and budgeting
- Partnercultivation and relationship building
- Exploring new opportunities, donors; etc.
- Marketing to achieve organisation objectives
- 5-7 years' experience working in business development and marketing/strategic planning at a senior level
- Business development and marketing experience within the public and private sector.
- In-depth knowledge of business development practices and marketing. with an understanding of prospective clients. partners and industry trends in the field of health and social communication.
- Experience in working or liaising with the media - highly desirable
- Broad understanding of NGO field and its operations highly desirable
- Bachelor Degree in Business or MBA (preferred) or equivalent Master's degree with experience in business development
go to method of application »
Overall responsibility for the management of all communication activities for the organisation through leading, planning, coordinating and monitoring of:
- Community mobilization
- Communication and marketing activities in collaboration with other project technical components
- Close liaison with state teams and programme partners.
- Post Graduate Degree (MPH, MSc, MCA) in Public Health. Health Communication, Health
- Promotion, or Mass Communication (An MBA is an added advantage)
- Essential competencies/skills for both posts include excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- IT competency, good analytical skills and the ability to impart detailed data to others.
- They should also possess interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and partners at all levels.
- Also required is methodical and systematic work approach with arrenrion to details. as well as ability to deliver by planning work and setting targets for the achievement of objectives.
Method of Application
Applications should be made using a CV of no more than 3 sides of A4 (in a standard CV format) including at least two references, as well as a cover letter (max 1 side A4) stating interest and suitability for the post. Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com quoting the relevant reference number in the subject line of the ernall. The closing date is Spm Tuesday 28 April 2015.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend practical assessments and interviews.
If you have not received a response to your application by Friday 15 May 2015, please assume your application was unsuccessful this time, as we will be unable to individually notify unsuccessful candidates.