Maersk Agency U.S.A., Inc., Maersk Inc., Maersk Line, Limited and Damco USA Inc. are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities who are applying for positions in the U.S. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Please review the full Equal Employment Opportunity Statement attached for each of Maersk Agency U.S.A., Inc., Maersk Inc., Maersk Line, Limited, Damco USA Inc, Maersk Drilling and Maersk Oil.
- Ensure service delivery in line with customer expectations for import/Export customers
- Manage relationship with current & new customers
- Manage relationship with current customs and other government agencies.
- Coordinate handling of files between Customer service and Operation units.
- Ensure Damco delivers the product sold to customers.
- Manage job costing for operation as per approved template.
- Coordinate handling of file between departments and ensure file is handled in a timely manner.
- Send daily status update on current files.
- Manage written correspondence between OPS department and Customer service.
- Keep Customers updated on cargo status before and after arrival of vessel.
- Confirm and verify declarations then advise clients of expected duty amount and HS code(s) used.
- Supervise clerks who raise Invoice for shipping/terminal and other charges which must be prepaid.
- Receive duty receipt from clients and handover to responsible operations clerk.
- Follow up on entries with operations clerks and advice customer on status.
- Advice customers on queries encountered during verification/examination and discuss/agree on a workable solution.
- Proffer ideas and solutions to all queries from government agencies.
- Escalate all major issues that cannot be resolved by self to customer service manager.
- Ensure files are concluded timely and cross-checked for all necessary documents with attachments and ensure handover to documentation team for invoicing.
- Follow up with trucking team for delivery of containers for revalidation etc.
- Update fields in TrakIT that are assigned to function in a timely and correct manner.
- Ensure CS Manager is in the know of all major communication with customer service teams.
- Coordinate performance review meetings with clients on monthly basis
- Maintain and enhance close working relationships with all other internal customers and government authorities.
- Ensure operational excellence and coordination
- Ensure pro-active communication internally and externally.
- Ensure all issues affecting Damco are addressed within Organization as deemed required.
- Ensure Data Quality of TrakIT updates.
- Proactively suggest best possible ways of working and resolve issues/queries.
- Avoid major risks to the company
Who we are looking for
- A degree in business management, social sciences or equivalent is desirable.
- Proficient in English as well as relevant local languages (verbal and written).
- Minimum 3 year of experience in logistics operation department for a fast-paced service company.
- Good knowledge in customs documentation and requirements.
- Excellent communicator, persuasive and enjoy solving problems.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Basic proficiency in MS office
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale