FJAJobs Associates Limited is recruiting interested and suitably qualified candidates into the following vacant position:
Our client amongst others is a Value Added Distributor of Apple in 15 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, and we are recruiting people to grow our business in Nigeria.
They are committed to progressively increasing their presence in Nigeria, through building their business and working with the mobile network operators, partnering with the retail channel, as well as expanding presence into major corporate and multi-nationals.
The role requires a seasoned Sales and Business Development Executive with a proven track record of solution selling at an Executive decision making level. You need to be able to make an immediate impact based on your knowledge and experience of the Nigerian market.
You will be overall accountable for forming partnerships, business development and driving sales within these markets to achieve specific sales targets.
The role operates independently and the successful candidate should be hands-on, energetic and able to work as part of a cross functional team, towards the successful achievement of aggressive growth objectives.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES INCLUDE:
What will you be doing? Not sitting in an office bossing people around, that’s for sure. We need hands-on people that:
• Reposition our brands after years of parallel market abuse.
• Fight ‘grey’ importers and resellers.
• Corral existing and new resellers into a world-class retail machine.
• Streamline and optimise the supply chain.
• Build an incorruptible support infrastructure with impeccable processes and procedures.
• Engage at executive and decision making level with high potential major corporates, multi nationals, mobile network operators and retail channel partners, to drive the growth of all Apple products within these sectors.
• Firmly establish our footprint in all of the above markets through relationship building and partnering with key decision makers to maximize their quarterly and long terms business plans aligned to mutual forecasted growth objectives.
• Overall maximisation of Apple value/volume growth in a sustainable and profitable way by increasing penetration of market in Nigeria including identifying opportunities to grow Apple unit sales, overall revenue and profitability.
• Ensuring that the highest standards of customer engagement and service are met.
• Taking customer experience and service delivery in the market to a new level.
• Demonstrate a hands-on and interactive approach to customers with a focus on developing long-term relationships.
• Develop and implement a quarterly marketing plan together with other Core Group Africa executives and make appropriate recommendations for marketing and promotional initiatives, events and activities aligned to the needs of the major corporates, multi nationals, mobile network operators and retail channel partners.
• Evaluate and give feedback in terms of ROI on investment as well as the Sales and Marketing plan.
• Act as the spokesperson in the territory for Core Group Africa.
• As the need arises, proactively recruit high potential sales staff to grow the footprint in Nigeria.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Significant Sales and Business Development experience with major corporates, multi nationals, mobile network operators and retail channel partners, dealing with C level executives and decision makers.
• Proven track record of operating effectively within a sales/business development environment which is strongly target driven.
• Sound business acumen and commercial skills.
• Proven track record of doing business in Nigeria.
• Be familiar with legislation guiding business dealings in Nigeria.
• Formal qualification preferred.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Display a high tolerance for ambiguity.
• Be flexible and capable of operating effectively within Nigeria.
• Be able to operate independently with limited infra-structure and thrive on the challenge.
• Have personal executive stature and presence.
• Be commercially astute and street-wise.
• Have a sound personal value system with a track record confirming this.
• Be able to work co-operatively with Head Office based in SA and keep clear communication channels open and transparent.
• Business Development and Sales driven with a passion for customer service excellence.
• An excellent networker.
• Agree that Americanah is the best contemporary Nigerian novel.
• Think BlackBerry Babes was hilarious.
• A seasoned executive in the consumer space in Nigeria operating in strict compliance with FCPA and UKBA.
• In short, we seek people that want to be in Nigeria for the love of the country and its prospects.
Our client is offering a market related package commensurate with skills and experience.
Interested candidates, please send your CV to mo.wellington@jobtrolley,com