UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Within these three core areas of expertise, UNOPS provides its partners with advisory, implementation and transactional services, with projects ranging from building schools and hospitals, to procuring goods and services and training local personnel. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure increased economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects we support, with a focus on developing national capacity.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices in development, humanitarian and peacebuilding contexts, always satisfying or surpassing partner expectations.
We employ more than 6,000 personnel and on behalf of our partners create thousands more work opportunities in local communities. Through our headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark and a network of offices, we oversee activities in more than 80 countries.
Background Information - Job-specific
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is a subsidiary organ of the General Assembly. As a self-financing organization within the UN-system we have more than a decade of experience in providing operational management services in developing nations and post-conflict/emergency situations.
UNOPS Ghana Operational Hub (GHOH), located in Accra, spans across West Africa, covering Ghana, Gambia, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone. GHOH is responsible for managing strategic and operational risks associated with a subset of the regional portfolio of engagements, developing and delivering cost effective services contributing to partners’ sustainable results and achievements of UNOPS management results.
GHOH is looking for candidates for a potential project to strengthen health procurement and supply chain management in Nigeria.
The project will be focussing on strenghthening health supply chains accross 14 states in Nigeria including the establishment of zonal hubs. Focus States are to be assessed on disease prevalence, proximity to centres of population and ability to concentrate supply chain efforts for maximum patient impact.
Major outputs of the project comprise
• Strengthening Federal & State Government coordination in supply chain management.
• Improving the integration of existing supply chain systems for various diseases.
• Establishment of a network of Zonal Hubs (Warehouses)
• Integrated Logistics and Transportation including Last Mile Delivery.
• Establishment of Logistics Management Coordinating Units (LMCU) at State level and deployment of Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) tools.
UNOPS is looking for the following positions requiring experience in health procurement sector (international):
• Excellent verbal and written communication and networking skills;
• High level of computer literacy and demonstrable ability to work with data management tools• Ability to establish and maintain excellent contacts with colleagues, senior government officials, donors and UN agencies;
•Ability to deliver agreed outputs within agreed deadlines
• Strong analytical skills;
• Fluent in both oral and written English skills;
Further requirements for above mentioned positions:
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: International ICA
Contract level: IICA-2
Contract duration: 1 Year
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
To apply, click here